Culando

TIE Defender Fanatic

50 XP

19th February 2006

0 Uploads

12 Posts

0 Threads

#1 11 years ago

Hi, I've been considering Battlefield 2142 a lot the past few days, but still wanted to try the demo out first. I was a little disappointed to see that the demo only allows me to join a multiplayer server and nothing more. No single player, no ability to make my own server to mess around in.

I poked around this place and found a dedicated server to download.

http://battlefield2.filefront.com/file/Battlefield_2142_Demo_Dedicated_Server;70804

If I downloaded this, could I make an empty server for myself to just run around in like an idiot so I can get a feel for the game? I'd rather do that first so I can get a handle on the controls before I'm launched into a full battle with people calling me a n00b. :P

duskAngel

bf2142 geek

50 XP

28th November 2006

0 Uploads

175 Posts

0 Threads

#2 11 years ago

why not to join a rank restricted server, where only first 10 ranks can play? nobody will call you a noob then.

Culando

TIE Defender Fanatic

50 XP

19th February 2006

0 Uploads

12 Posts

0 Threads

#3 11 years ago

Hmm, ranked server you say? Looks like that's where I'll have to go. I tried tinkering with that demo server, but couldn't get the cursed thing to work.

Thanks for the info. I'll try that tonight before I open up the game...

I watched some vids and I got hooked. XP

duskAngel

bf2142 geek

50 XP

28th November 2006

0 Uploads

175 Posts

0 Threads

#4 11 years ago

ranked and rank restricted are two different kinds of servers. while ranked server is any server where you collect your career points and awards, rank restricted are the ones, where only first 10 ranks may join to.

duskAngel

bf2142 geek

50 XP

28th November 2006

0 Uploads

175 Posts

0 Threads

#5 11 years ago

ranked and rank restricted are two different kinds of servers. while ranked server is any server where you collect your career points and awards, rank restricted are the ones where only first 10 ranks may join to.