[CC] Chief

Last of the Mohicans...naah

50 XP

18th July 2002

0 Uploads

429 Posts

0 Threads

#1 15 years ago

Is there a way to change the skin of the forum back to the original one? I've checked the settings in the "user panel"-menu etc but have not been able to figure it out. Perhaps the forums currently only support this skin?

I really want to change it because the old looks were superior to the new one: this one's far too white and hurts the eyes.

Thanks in advance to any helpful replies.

Traxil

Ownzoring and making mods

50 XP

29th March 2003

0 Uploads

394 Posts

0 Threads

#2 15 years ago

'[CC Chief']Is there a way to change the skin of the forum back to the original one? I've checked the settings in the "user panel"-menu etc but have not been able to figure it out. Perhaps the forums currently only support this skin?

I really want to change it because the old looks were superior to the new one: this one's far too white and hurts the eyes.

Thanks in advance to any helpful replies.

I believe FileJune or Pro-Filer might have played a hand in this background change. They are experimenting with a forum style changer for mod sites and such. Thus I believe that you cannot change the background unless you do it for everyone, at least that is how I have found it when I was trying to change it for my site. I bet someone switched the thing around so that the site got a basic look because it would be so simple. I'll talk to Pro to ask him if he meant to do such a thing. Because like you. I liked it the other way.

I was talkin to the head boss man Vanthem and he says that the color scheme will be back soon. The forums were switched to VB3 and that's why there was a change. He'll make an official post soon.

Vanthem

Medic With A Baseball Bat

50 XP

10th August 2002

0 Uploads

2,151 Posts

0 Threads

#3 15 years ago

[COLOR=black]Wasn't so much an official post, but I stickied Talon's thread in the general forums and made a reply on it explaining the white layout of the forums. Like Traxil said, the forums have been updated to vBulletin 3. When that happened, all the old styles became incompatible, so we're temporarily stuck with this stark white layout until the old styles are re-created or converted to work with vB3. Shouldn't be too long, we just have to tough it out in the meantime. Overall I like vB3 much, much better than the old version, lots of nice new little features as you guys will come to find out (things like better attachment management for one).

So fear not, you will have all the old stylesets and more to choose from soon and can ditch this psychiatric ward white. :p [/COLOR]

[CC] Chief

Last of the Mohicans...naah

50 XP

18th July 2002

0 Uploads

429 Posts

0 Threads

#4 15 years ago

/me does a happy little jig to celebrate the return of the good old color and style sets.