decode

The forums staffers think I'm Cool

50 XP

19th July 2003

0 Uploads

132 Posts

0 Threads

#11 16 years ago

Just sort your motherboard, memory and processor first then upgrade the graphics card. The extra boost with your new proccessor will be enough untill you can get the cash for the new card rather than blow all your money on a sweet card that doesnt really make much difference in performence cos ur processor isnt quick enough. Your 9500pro will be ok for the time being.

hellspawn45

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

6th November 2003

0 Uploads

8 Posts

0 Threads

#12 16 years ago

so with the new processor, shgould i be able to play at a reasnable speed with most or all options on?

Just as informations goes the 9500 is still faster than the 9600 or at least as fast

decode

The forums staffers think I'm Cool

50 XP

19th July 2003

0 Uploads

132 Posts

0 Threads

#13 16 years ago

You will get reasonable speed with most the graphic enchantments on, just tone them down a bit. A 9500Pro is decent these days anyway, its hardly a geforce mx ;) Plus theres the opertunity to buy a fast card in the future when you need it. But if your either going to buy the card or the mb, cpu and memory i would reccomend you buy the cpu, mb and memory.

ditchhopper

Death Obsession

50 XP

25th August 2002

0 Uploads

710 Posts

0 Threads

#14 16 years ago
so with the new processor, shgould i be able to play at a reasnable speed with most or all options on?

You'll have to experiment with settings to know for sure, but I'm sure you'll be fine in gameplay and performance even if you have to set a couple of options slightly lower than high. If your sapphire card has the right requirements you might consider flashing it to a 9700 bios and adjusting your clock speed for even better performance, but read ALOT first! Heres a good place to start: click me

Make sure you go for a motherboard with the nforce 2 chipset becuase there is some issues with the KT400 on older bios it dont like the 8x agp on the 9700 and upwards.

Thats true. But the ATI sight has some fixes on their site for that. I never had a problem with 8x on my soyo boards, but I did with the Asus A7v8x when I played with it some time back, so I know what you mean. ;) Im currently running the Chaintech 7NJS you mentioned above and its got nice features but can be a little insane at times. If I use any nForce chipset drivers other than the ones specified on the chaintech site. system goes kablooey! And of course their site hasnt been updated in months so Im stuck with an older set. Although performance wise I must admit they do get the job done.

I'd chose the A7n8x over the 7njs, and I'd chose the new Dragon 2 series from Soyo over either of those if I wasnt already contemplating 64 bit systems. mmmmmmm.... CK8 Dragon Plus

But if your either going to buy the card or the mb, cpu and memory i would reccomend you buy the cpu, mb and memory.

Yup! :thumbsup:

hellspawn45

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

6th November 2003

0 Uploads

8 Posts

0 Threads

#15 16 years ago

thanks for the help. I dont plan to overclock my videocard because well frankly the requirements are a tnt2 and i am sure my card will work wih probably everything on reasonably well. Also guys i got the new pc gamer.

They say that to run things well with most options on for hl2 doom3 and most other new and upcoming games

1.5 ghz processor 256 mb ram directx8 compatible video card

I have been overestimating the requirments and recomendation and since valve always does such a good job at programming their games. I think most people should be fine even with g4mx

succorso

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

6th September 2003

0 Uploads

2,025 Posts

0 Threads

#16 16 years ago
hellspawn45...valve always does such a good job at programming their games...

I fully agree. They take advantage of their technology to maximize performance on "minimized" systems. BTW, don't overclock anything guys, trust me... :uhm: