crab

I don't spend enough time here

50 XP

25th January 2004

0 Uploads

23 Posts

0 Threads

#1 15 years ago

0.61 Accuracy may be an improvement from 0.5, but its still not realistic enough. It still takes only a matter of seconds to steady your rifle and get an exactly point of impact on where you shoot. You still find people shooting half way across the map with their K98's, picking off players (If you dont believe that you can do it, just try; kinda agrivating once you find out how easy it is). This revamped accuracy system was the main thing I was looking forward to in FH 0.6, but I was disapointed. You also still see people run, duck, shoot, and kill, and repeat the process time after time; running and dive shooting isnt as bad as before though. No matter how long you take to steady your unscoped rifle, you are never going to get anywhere near an exact point of impact at the ranges presented in FH. So I suggest making it take longer to steady your rifle and, no matter how long you do this, not making any exact points of impact shots on long range. This goes for pretty much all weapons, but most especially including rifles, some of the SMGS and support machine guns. I also have 2 more suggestions: -When using the deployable MG/Mortor packs placed around the map, make it so that, once of youve deployed it and you stop using it, it appears back in your inventory for use again. Theyre hard enough to place in desired spots as it is, so it takes a few times to get the right spot. If that is not possible, just make it stay there for a while instead of immediately disapearing. There are many instances in which you need to quickly jump up and shoot an enemy out of your deployed MG range, so its nonsense to make them immediately disapear like so. -MG's (most especially the MGs in omaha) are not loud enough. Theyre blaringly loud when listening from the bunker but, down on the beach, they sound so low that their bullet whizzing sounds over-ride them (No, this is not due to my sound card type or my settings. I actually have a very good sound card at the moment, and my sound settings are set on the highest. Ive also tried all the different combinations of sound settings but resulted in no difference). Part of the excitement and "adrenaline pumping action" exhibited in other games that've made omaha is mainly due to the over-riding noise the MG's and artillery presented. Once I landed on the beach for the first time, I was expecting to hear the loud roar from the MG42s along with sounds of hordes of artillery pouring down on me. Instead, I experienced none of that. Other than these few things, FH 0.6 is great. The new omaha map is amazing and, with the exception of a few things (mainly the wide open fields on the left side of the map which allow the allies sneak up behind), it is probably the best one made yet.

Sputty

Master of Kittens

50 XP

13th January 2004

0 Uploads

927 Posts

0 Threads

#2 15 years ago

MGs do go back in your inventory, but you have to stay there for a second. I disagree with you on the rifles though, and I'm not sure about the MG sounds.

C38368

...burning angel wings to dust

50 XP

14th February 2004

0 Uploads

5,013 Posts

0 Threads

#3 15 years ago

Omaha is disappointingly quiet (or rather, it was during the one chance I'v eyet had to play it), and could benefit greatly from ambient sounds. Rifles I've got mixed feelings about. I'm quite sick of being "sniped" by K98's so often, but I often can't find the shooter, so I'm not sure just how far out they are, or what kind of movements they're making.

Uncle_Sam

Pass me a Lucky Strike...

50 XP

23rd December 2003

0 Uploads

1,120 Posts

0 Threads

#4 15 years ago
0.61 Accuracy may be an improvement from 0.5, but its still not realistic enough. It still takes only a matter of seconds to steady your rifle and get an exactly point of impact on where you shoot. You still find people shooting half way across the map with their K98's, picking off players

Umm, any trained soldier can stop running, go prone, as they liked to do, and steadily aim his rifle in less then a second. It's done in 1 fluid motion. That isn't unrealistic, if anything, it takes too long to get the aim. I have a quick question though. In real life bullets lose speed in distance, as anything else will. I've been on the beach at Omaha and popped guys with my garand who are running from pillbox to pillbox. And they dont die in 1 shot like they do up-close. has bullet velocity been incorporated into this game? If so, kick-ass.

McGibs

FHdev

50 XP

3rd October 2003

0 Uploads

4,064 Posts

0 Threads

#5 15 years ago

"across the map" isnt very far. You can see maybe 700-900 meters on most maps. Thats no problem for a trained soldier with a rifle.

Schpetzka

The forums staffers think I'm Cool

50 XP

2nd October 2003

0 Uploads

177 Posts

0 Threads

#6 15 years ago

My only real suggestion would be to add rifle sway for all the small arms like the M35 AT Rifle has. I realize that soldiers would hold their breath right before they shot but they weren't perfect shots and instead of making the weapon less accurate it could just be made to need a little bit more skill. I don't think it would affect the gameplay negatively either.

Other than that great job team. This game went from mediocre to great. Infantry combat is now actually fun, I haven't played DoD in a few days.

Dee-Jaý

Always 1 point ahead of you

50 XP

17th February 2004

0 Uploads

1,694 Posts

0 Threads

#7 15 years ago

Maybe it would help if no (or only very few) firearms could actually reach a 100% accuracy, meaning they hit exactly where the dot between the crosshairs is. Especially MGs, SMGs and most short-barreled rifles should never have a 100% closed crossahir, not even while proned. Only sniper rifles should be able to get a totally closed crosshair (dot-shot accuracy).

sempai(be)

Addicted to GF

50 XP

1st October 2003

0 Uploads

281 Posts

0 Threads

#8 15 years ago
Uncle_Sam I've been on the beach at Omaha and popped guys with my garand who are running from pillbox to pillbox. And they dont die in 1 shot like they do up-close. has bullet velocity been incorporated into this game? If so, kick-ass.

Eeuuuhh , they do for me , 1 shot kills from the beach when they are stupid enough to run acrros the horizon Also ideal to kill the Axis manning the MG's.

crab

I don't spend enough time here

50 XP

25th January 2004

0 Uploads

23 Posts

0 Threads

#9 15 years ago
Dee-JaýMaybe it would help if no (or only very few) firearms could actually reach a 100% accuracy, meaning they hit exactly where the dot between the crosshairs is. Especially MGs, SMGs and most short-barreled rifles should never have a 100% closed crossahir, not even while proned. Only sniper rifles should be able to get a totally closed crosshair (dot-shot accuracy).

Exactly. You still see people run, stop for a second and shoot with exact point of impact (lined up with x-hair) accuracy at all ranges. This is exactly the same thing that happens in CS with the AWP, and shouldn't be in the game; even in a game that has selective realism like FH. It takes a few seconds to steady your rifle, trained soldier or not. And, whether you believe it or not, it can not be done by the average soldier within 1 second. Thats just absurd. FH, at this point, has reached Counter-Strike accuracy, and I believe thats not realistic enough. I think people would really see the ridiculousness in this accuracy if BF1942 had good hit detection, but it doesn't and probably never will.

axkgkadragon

GF is my bext friend *hugs GF*

50 XP

16th November 2003

0 Uploads

798 Posts

0 Threads

#10 15 years ago

Remember snipers has specialized training in how to breath while takeing a shot. But anyway it sounds like a bunch of you have never been pheasent hunting...with your gun you still your index finger out aloung the trajectory of the barrel while your waiting and once you see your target you 'point' with the finger and pull the trigger, this style of aimiing is much faster and whidly used