Dee-Jaý

Always 1 point ahead of you

50 XP

17th February 2004

0 Uploads

1,694 Posts

0 Threads

#1 15 years ago

One of the new features in FH 0.6 seems to be the fakt, that you need a while to gain a decent accuracy for your firearm. Overall this is a great idea, but I think you slighly exagurated it (imho). What I´m asking for, is that you increase the zoom rate of the crosshair by just about 20% for most weapons (including AT bazookas etc.). So instad of needing 2 sec. to get a decent accuracy, you´d only need 1.6 seconds. Bare in mind that it should only be a slight increase. As I said above, it is a good feature, but jsut needs a bit of tweaking. The worst thing you could do would be to increase the zoom-rate to much...

Blistex

Been here longer than you!

50 XP

21st May 2003

0 Uploads

480 Posts

0 Threads

#2 15 years ago

I was playing one map with the Germans vs the Brits (has a brig river right across it) and I was in the thirs storey of a house with my panzerfaust locked on a brit tank. I'm waiting, and waiting, and waiting, and waiting, and waiting,. . . every time he moved 3 feet I had to start waiting again for my crosshairs to close!

Finally I walked downstairs and shoved the panzerfaust up his friggen ass! I had to get so close that I lost 1/2 my health when he blew up!

I understand that we don't want "sniperfausts" but this is pretty crazy! Even when prone, moving your paust an inch to the left or right causes you to have to start waiting all over again.

p.s. anyone else find that they're getting sniped by ppsh's alot? And from considerable distances!

all in all I'm really loving 0.61 and especially loving the tank combat!

tvih

The Village Idiot from Hell

50 XP

30th December 2003

0 Uploads

718 Posts

0 Threads

#3 15 years ago

Dee-Jay, 2 seconds sounds like a quite realistic time, I don't see why it should be shortened.

Blistex, sounds silly to me. A slight adjustment in the aim definitely should not totally throw off the aim. Many games have the effect of movement to aiming accuracy quite well done, hopefully in the end so will FH.

Dee-Jaý

Always 1 point ahead of you

50 XP

17th February 2004

0 Uploads

1,694 Posts

0 Threads

#4 15 years ago

I counted once how long it takes for the Panzerfaust to have full accuracy while crouched. It takes about 8 seconds !!! That is far to much and especially regarding the range totaly unbalanced. And thats presuming the target dosn´t move for 8 seconds. I´d suggest 5 seconds at the most, maybe even 6 seconds if you wan´t to consider the 20 % idea...

tvih

The Village Idiot from Hell

50 XP

30th December 2003

0 Uploads

718 Posts

0 Threads

#5 15 years ago

Hard to say how long it would take to aim a 'faust since I've never seen the sight system. Well, the light bazooka the Finnish armed forces use nowadays is very fast and easy to aim, at least. But in any case, 8 seconds seems exaggerated.

Sputty

Master of Kittens

50 XP

13th January 2004

0 Uploads

927 Posts

0 Threads

#6 15 years ago

Yeah, AT weapons can't be used at medium range and AT infantry lose their mobility. IMO, the only thing that needs to be changed is the AT CoF needs to close faster. Everything else is fine IMO

Solo4114

Scoundrel Extraordinaire

50 XP

16th September 2002

0 Uploads

1,460 Posts

0 Threads

#7 15 years ago

I'd also lower the deviation when you're stationary. Turning alone without strafing or forward/backward movement shouldn't throw you off that much. Once you're stationary, you should be able to turn and only wait up to a second at most to rezoom to where you were. Note: I do NOT mean that you should be able to stop, instantly zero in, and then not have to worry. I'm saying that the current crosshair time should be lowered SOME, and that regardless of where the crosshairs are, if you are stationary and then turn without moving, your crosshairs should return to where they WERE before you turned within a fraction of a second to a second.

So, if you're perfectly zeroed, then turn to correct your aim, they only deviate by a little and then rezoom quickly once you stop turning. Kind of like the MGs currently.

Blistex

50 XP

21st May 2003

0 Uploads

480 Posts

0 Threads

#8 15 years ago
tvih Blistex, sounds silly to me. A slight adjustment in the aim definitely should not totally throw off the aim. Many games have the effect of movement to aiming accuracy quite well done, hopefully in the end so will FH.

Like it says in my post, the tank was moving around constantly because he knew as long as he didn't stay completely still he was safe from fausts. Try aiming with the faust, except slowly move the target around in a small circle. Even if you move it extremely slowly it still never seems to close enough to hit a tank moving slowly at 20 metres.

p.s. the faust had a simple aiming device. IT was essentially 3 little bars that went across the sight. One for short range, one for medium, and one for long range. Anyone who had fired the faust at least once or twice before would be an expert at it.

el bandito

Captain of jelly

50 XP

28th October 2003

0 Uploads

377 Posts

0 Threads

#9 15 years ago

I think people have not learned or forgotten the art of leading the target. With a tank you need to assume that its going to go in a straight line and aim ahead of it and wait for x-hairs to close and when the time is right, fire!

Blistex

50 XP

21st May 2003

0 Uploads

480 Posts

0 Threads

#10 15 years ago
el banditoI think people have not learned or forgotten the art of leading the target. With a tank you need to assume that its going to go in a straight line and aim ahead of it and wait for x-hairs to close and when the time is right, fire!

Nobody is complaining about the inaccuracy, we're complaining about the time it takes to get an accurate shot. By the time the reticle gets to a reasonable size most tanks are long gone. About 1/2 the time would be great! Something in between 0.5 and 0.61, we don't want sniper-fausts, but this huge wait is unacceptable.