Lt. Valentine

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

20th September 2003

0 Uploads

1,679 Posts

0 Threads

#41 15 years ago
Splinter(nl)hitler's bunker wasn't in berlin but in oost-pruisen (don't know in english)

its called east-prussia

CrazyWilly

The Internet ends at GF

50 XP

2nd September 2003

0 Uploads

100 Posts

0 Threads

#42 15 years ago

Witch Hunter Generalthe only Luftwaffe ground attack that day was done by two FW-190s strafing Sword. They did however fly past Omaha. The only other is a failed attack by some Ju-88s on Gold.

If anyone have any concrete proof of Stukas being used at Omaha(other than claims by a single soldier), then I suggest they post it.

Sorry i dont have any more proof, but I dont think a Omaha beach veteran would just "lie" about a Stuka strafing the beach. Who knows though, its not my grandpa.

SilenT AssassiN

A South African Bohemian

50 XP

9th October 2003

0 Uploads

1,951 Posts

0 Threads

#43 15 years ago

why would they lie , you have no proof

Witch Hunter General

Dread thinks I'm a special person

50 XP

19th May 2003

0 Uploads

350 Posts

0 Threads

#44 15 years ago

then why doesn't there exist any source backing it up? Priller and Wodarczyks sweep over Sword is legendary, certainly any Luftwaffe attack on the most well-known beach would be well-documented?

soldiers see strange things, even longbowmen on 20th century battlefields. The guy must have gotten it wrong back then or "remembered" it after he got senile.

CrazyWilly

The Internet ends at GF

50 XP

2nd September 2003

0 Uploads

100 Posts

0 Threads

#45 15 years ago

maybe your right but like I said i have no proof and I dont know if its right or not.

[RnL]Sarge

Resistance aNd Liberation

50 XP

2nd October 2003

0 Uploads

46 Posts

0 Threads

#46 15 years ago
soggelitoThe bunker in which Hitler committed suicide was hidden under the ground between Potsdamer Platz and the Reichstag. The Russian stormed into the bunker, found Hitler and Eva BraunĀ“s corpses among other, took them out and burned the bodies outside the bunker. http://www.insidertour.com/Home/FAQ/Bunker/bunker.htmlicon3.gif

It was the SS, Gobbels and the rest of the loyal Nazi leaders that were in charge of burning the bodies but one of the stories is that they just poured gasoline on them and threw a match, very poorly done. Another is that the Russians covered up the finding of the bodies and then they themselves hid them and "lost" them or just havent declassified such a story. The remains of the Fuhrer bunker or hitler bunker is no more. A massive parking lot is all that really remains of it. Covering it up was the only true thing the BundesRepublik Deutschland thought would be the right thing because they didnt want a statue or symbol such as the bunker to be left to any neo-nazi groups.