A realistic view on tank battles and mechanised troops from personal expierience. -1 reply

Please wait...

UTHER

ARTE ET MARTE

50 XP

5th December 2003

0 Uploads

551 Posts

0 Threads

#1 14 years ago

:deal: For a start we should see tanks throwing their tracks more from over zelous driving or according to ground conditions, because its realy easy to throw a track whilst turning a tank in mud and the same goes for getting a tank stuck or beached, plus its very easy to blow the track off a tank making it imobile therefore reducing its fighting ability and making it vulnerable to other forms of attack, like cooking the crew with molotov cocktails, boy it can get bloody hot in their like a giant oven. Then theirs the biggest tank killer of all "MECHANICAL RELIABILITY!" they break down all the time because of the stress put on mechanical parts and their working environments i.e. deserts clogged filters "SAND!", overheating, oil leaks. Im not saying we should build it all in to the mod, but their should as in real mechanised warfare be some indication of the importance of support and logistics, and would give the engineer in the game a more critical role. Plus lets see the Long Range Desert Group and the SAS doing there airfield raids please. Also i would like to see the British Churchill tank with flamethrower, 17 pounder antitank gun and better arcs of fire on stationary artilery pieces with also the ability to move them into new positions with trucks or half tracks.

Kämpfer

I take what n0e says way too seriously

50 XP

27th April 2003

0 Uploads

2,394 Posts

0 Threads

#2 14 years ago

Immobilizing a tank and/or losing a track is so far impossible.

UTHER

ARTE ET MARTE

50 XP

5th December 2003

0 Uploads

551 Posts

0 Threads

#3 14 years ago
KämpferImmobilizing a tank and/or losing a track is so far impossible.

Then lets make it possible, come on people work with me on this "GET PROGRAMMING" :uhoh: !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MeanMrMustard

Such a mean old man

50 XP

15th September 2003

0 Uploads

178 Posts

0 Threads

#4 14 years ago

Work with you? You got some ideas on how to do it then? Cos im pretty sure no one else does :P Harry

[SYN] hydraSlav

SYNERGY Member

50 XP

2nd October 2003

0 Uploads

2,372 Posts

0 Threads

#5 14 years ago

A wreakage is still a model, with it's own HP. Can't we assign a weapon to the wreakage? This way, when the tank "blows up", it's wreakage still stays, and you can fire... say the coax, and then when the wreakage's HP goes down again it blows up completely

striderx2048

DiCE/EA: Ambiguously Gay Duo

50 XP

16th May 2002

0 Uploads

2,073 Posts

0 Threads

#6 14 years ago

wouldnt that mean that the players in the pre weck tank would have to DIE first , then the weckage spawns

BAM

I pretend I'm cooler than AzH

50 XP

27th April 2003

0 Uploads

3,415 Posts

0 Threads

#7 14 years ago

there was a try to make inmobile tanks but it didnt work ...

Valdez

Dread pwns me!

50 XP

23rd November 2003

0 Uploads

456 Posts

0 Threads

#8 14 years ago

I heard of a mod that made this damage possible at least tank imobolization, downlaoded the mod, but screwed up my music so I removed it. Called Expereince WWII