Blistex

Been here longer than you!

50 XP

21st May 2003

0 Uploads

480 Posts

0 Threads

#31 16 years ago

Any of you that have fired a tub launched "dumb" weapons know what I'm talking about when I say that the Panzerfaust should be called the "Pause-er-faust".

Here is what is needed to fire the weapon.

1. Pull the pin, 2. Flip up the sight 3. Aim and fire.

A veteran should be able to do it in 5 seconds, and a noob in 7. The delay I can live with, but my problem is that those f*cking crosshairs never close! I've waited prone as a T-34 approached, I slowly craw ahead a few inches to see that his side is exposed. I wait 10 f*cking seconds as my crosshairs stay the same size because the tank is slowly circling my position and moving the reticle to the side even an inch causes it to spread again!

The tank decides to go away, I have one last chance, I run behind it until all I can see is the rear of the hull, I fire and the thing misses! From 3 feet away!

I don't want the "sniperfausts" of 0.5 but get rid of the stupid reticle delay and make it like the sniper rifle and the M-39 with a "sway" and no reticle! We want realism, not balance.

Driver

Tomorrow Comes Today

50 XP

29th January 2004

0 Uploads

823 Posts

0 Threads

#32 16 years ago

Bliss has a fooken point. This, whether you choose to accept it or not, developers and players alike, is a realism mod. So this is what we should do. 7 seconds for a Faust in real life? Ok, than make it so that when you pull the faust out, the first thing you do is arm it. No more crappy crosshairs. Also fix the god damn TigerA, 88mm not killing a Sherman 1 shot? Not realistic.

Mast3rofPuppets Advanced Member

08'aIgnorance is not an excuse

50 XP

28th November 2003

0 Uploads

8,198 Posts

0 Threads

#33 16 years ago
DriverAlso fix the god damn TigerA, 88mm not killing a Sherman 1 shot? Not realistic.

Wtf are you talking about? The Tigers 88 could penetrate a Sherman A4's superstructure from 3500 meters!

MkH^

FH tester

50 XP

25th September 2003

0 Uploads

2,286 Posts

0 Threads

#34 16 years ago

Yes, it probably could, but in FH it does not. I did some testing today in Bulge. I shot various Shermans in front with Tiger from a range varying between 50-200 meters, none of them were destroyed by one shot in the front of the hull. They did start smoking heavily, some caught fire, depending on the angle and in which point of the hull/tower were they hit, but not one exploded. I think there is something wrong with this scenario.

Sputty

Master of Kittens

50 XP

13th January 2004

0 Uploads

927 Posts

0 Threads

#35 16 years ago

Theyt changed it temporarily I think until they add stronger American tanks

Mast3rofPuppets Advanced Member

08'aIgnorance is not an excuse

50 XP

28th November 2003

0 Uploads

8,198 Posts

0 Threads

#36 16 years ago

I found a very intresting site: http://www.fprado.com/armorsite/tiger1.htm

Scroll down to "Penetration Table 02: Sherman A2, Sherman A4."

The Tiger could penetrate the Sherman's front hull from 1800m.

Jagd

{TDB}MajGen.Jagd AA

50 XP

16th March 2004

0 Uploads

720 Posts

0 Threads

#37 16 years ago

Wow, point out one of the most unbalanced parts of the game and get called a DC noob. Nice! Stealth3 = smacktarded!

|KFG|Hell_March

GF makes me horny

50 XP

23rd March 2004

0 Uploads

89 Posts

0 Threads

#38 16 years ago

I hate the panzerfaust 30 I find it practiclly uselessunless your set up in an area to defend then it works ok at least at closer ranges I would agree it does need to aimed a little faster than it is. It simply takes to long to aim the thing. Maybe increase the speed just a wee bit not alot. Also could you increase the firing rate of an at rifle a little more. Personally I rather have an at rifle as opposed to the 30. I find the 30 useless for assaulting anything which esp sucks when you need to get out there and stop a tank from spawn camping you. Please add in at rifles on a few more maps ior perhaps a few at rifle kits scattered about on more maps. How about on bazooka/piat you decrease the time needed to aim and decrease the accuracy a little.

MkH^

FH tester

50 XP

25th September 2003

0 Uploads

2,286 Posts

0 Threads

#39 16 years ago

The only thing you can use the AT rifle against is from non armored to lightly armored vehicles.. Most of them didn't perform too well against medium tanks.