Oddball_E8

GF makes me horny

50 XP

19th March 2004

0 Uploads

93 Posts

0 Threads

#1 15 years ago

Dunno if this has been suggested before, but im too lazy to search and it bares repeating anyway... How about re-configuring the tanks so that the driver shoots the bow-mg (if there is one) and the main gun is handled by someone else... it would force people to cooperate a bit more... and if youre alone in the tank thats not the end of the world... youd just have to stop when you shoot (wich most tankers during wwII did...)

Mazz

BFE-WAW

50 XP

16th November 2003

0 Uploads

1,245 Posts

0 Threads

#2 15 years ago

yes it has been discussed alot and it just wont work. in a pubbie server there is no way to communicate to the driver quickly and have good teamwork. typing takes to long and its much better to have the ability to stop and shoot right when u see something (hell, you usually dont even have to stop.)

BAM

I pretend I'm cooler than AzH

50 XP

27th April 2003

0 Uploads

3,415 Posts

0 Threads

#3 15 years ago

Silet Heroes mod implented this and the tanks got very hard to use and boring so fh pleas dont implent this!

PanzerAce

Some Guy...

50 XP

11th January 2004

0 Uploads

736 Posts

0 Threads

#4 15 years ago

yah, this would only be good at say a LAN party were you could yell at the person driving the tank, on a public sever it would suck ass.

Sputty

Master of Kittens

50 XP

13th January 2004

0 Uploads

927 Posts

0 Threads

#5 15 years ago

Tanks would be useless. It barely works in PS, and the only reason it works is because maps are so open, and voice chat is common(A good tank crew is hard to find and they're 99% of the time clanned)

LordKhaine

I sing the body electric...

50 XP

5th October 2003

0 Uploads

612 Posts

0 Threads

#6 15 years ago

Until voice com is standard in games, it just wouldn't work.

PanzerAce

Some Guy...

50 XP

11th January 2004

0 Uploads

736 Posts

0 Threads

#7 15 years ago

hell, needing a separate Driver and Gunner was a huge problem in Ofp, and one of the reasons it went from a better version of battle field with many people per side to a game where most clan matches are like 6 vs 6 at most.

Akula971

Pain is a sensation. Enjoy it

50 XP

9th February 2004

0 Uploads

941 Posts

0 Threads

#8 15 years ago

Just see it now. "Enemy tank at 3 o'clock". Noob driver ignores commander and races to flag. Enemy tank at 3 o'clock dispatches noob driver and commander. Its bad enough with two seater arty, never mind tanks

PanzerAce

Some Guy...

50 XP

11th January 2004

0 Uploads

736 Posts

0 Threads

#9 15 years ago

yah, they REALLY need to get rid of the driver in arty. i was playing the Russian vs Finnish map (dont remember name) I was in the ROcket launcher, and some noob decided to taxi to the front, needless to say, EVERY one was pissed at him cuase he destroyed our ability to kill the finnish

Oddball_E8

GF makes me horny

50 XP

19th March 2004

0 Uploads

93 Posts

0 Threads

#10 15 years ago

ok then maby it could be made in a patch so that clans and BFE players could use it...