patilla

I follow teh Moo!

50 XP

8th May 2004

0 Uploads

622 Posts

0 Threads

#1 15 years ago

hi, yesterday i was watching the History Channel and i saw in a tanks crew report, a cool american tank, it was called M26 PIERCING "tank killer" with 12 mm of armour , a 90 mm cannon and which took place afther the battle of the bulge, in battles like the city of cologne, in germany, it was really a huge tank, like the m4 sherman but BIGGETs, :bows: could you make this tank in your next version of the game? o.62?, i have some photographs if you want this is my mail [email="os_espero_en_el_infierno@hotmail.com"]os_espero_en_el_infierno@hotmail.com[/email] call me if you are interested in this :nodding: thx and good luck to the forgotten hope team, thats bets mod, better than battlefield 1942 :D:beer:

Major Hartmann

Major Disinformation

50 XP

27th April 2003

0 Uploads

2,347 Posts

0 Threads

#2 15 years ago

Hmmm, someone heard of the invasion of the mighty paper tank? 12mm armour.

Serious: You probably mean the M26 Pershing. That one is under production.

patilla

I follow teh Moo!

50 XP

8th May 2004

0 Uploads

622 Posts

0 Threads

#3 15 years ago

does it mean that your team is actually development the m26 super heaviest tank for future versions of FH mod???

obliviousnation

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

28th September 2003

0 Uploads

2,424 Posts

0 Threads

#4 15 years ago
patilladoes it mean that your team is actually development the m26 super heaviest tank for future versions of FH mod???

i wouldnt call it the super heaviest tank! it will still be wiped out by a king tiger

patilla

I follow teh Moo!

50 XP

8th May 2004

0 Uploads

622 Posts

0 Threads

#5 15 years ago

sorry, it was 12 cm armour (120 mm) i think, althoug u can see whats its armour in the net, and it wasnt heaviest tank, and kingtiger wasnt the heaviest althoug, that was another german tank, the jagdtiger, but this was the heaviest american tank, and i think americans need a good tank in this game:deal:

NoCoolOnesLeft

My Blood Is Olive Drab

50 XP

19th November 2003

0 Uploads

4,329 Posts

0 Threads

#6 15 years ago

Yeah, they do. But I cant think of any maps to put it in at the moment, seeing as it was only produced in large numbers after the Bulge. Maybe a few German vs. US late war maps? like patilla suggested cologne would be good.

Ohioan

Not Wise Shitashi - Cheston

50 XP

6th October 2003

0 Uploads

3,604 Posts

0 Threads

#7 15 years ago
patillasorry, it was 12 cm armour (120 mm) i think, althoug u can see whats its armour in the net, and it wasnt heaviest tank, and kingtiger wasnt the heaviest althoug, that was another german tank, the jagdtiger, but this was the heaviest american tank, and i think americans need a good tank in this game:deal:

The Jagdtiger was an assault gun (not a tank), and while it did have a lot of armor for an assault gun, it was about equal in front armor to the KT. The Maus was the heaviest German tank at something like 180 tons, but it (probably) never saw combat.

emonkies

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

17th July 2003

0 Uploads

15,096 Posts

0 Threads

#8 15 years ago

Patilla,

The M-26 Pershing was not technically a heavy. It weighed about 46 tons, the same roughly as a Sherman Jumbo, and carried 102mm front hull armor and 114mm on gun manlet.

It was a vast improvement over the Sherman and was a worthy advesary of the Panther and Tiger but it was still vulnerable to the German high velocity anti tank guns.

The wider tracks gave the Pershing better off road performance than the Sherman and the 90mm gun was better than anything ever offered on the Sherman but was still not capable of penetrating the front hull of a Tiger II ausf B.

According to wartime info the Pershing also had problems penetrating the front armor of the Panther unless range was below 700m.