bmargb

BF 1936 TEAM

50 XP

31st August 2003

0 Uploads

340 Posts

0 Threads

#1 16 years ago

One thing that I hate specially the original BF1942 is that all the clases got automatic weapons, only the engineer got a no automatic rifle...

WTF If the most common weapon in WWII was the no automatic rifle (about 90% of all the soldiers used it as main weapon).

I think that a mod that want to be at least "based in WWII" (the original bf seems Vietnam) have to had 3 or 4 clases (the 50% of the clases) using no automatic rifles.

I think that it is the most important think to reproduce the WWII.

And well another thing that will be interesting i at least 3 crewed tanks (driver, gunner and commandant).

The driver could use the machinegun in the main piece of the tank. The gunner could move the turret and shoot the main tank gun and the turret machinegun. And the commandant with half body out of the tank, could use the coaxial machinegun.

The antitanks tanks like Stug 3, that don't have turret, could be crewed by a driver (who control the main gun) and a gunner(who uses the coaxial machinegun).

judge reinhold

BOY I SURE POST ALOT

50 XP

28th April 2003

0 Uploads

2,112 Posts

0 Threads

#2 16 years ago
bmargb The driver could use the machinegun in the main piece of the tank. The gunner could move the turret and shoot the main tank gun and the turret machinegun. And the commandant with half body out of the tank, could use the coaxial machinegun.

NO.

Artie Bucco

Guey>Tio(a)

50 XP

27th April 2003

0 Uploads

3,682 Posts

0 Threads

#3 16 years ago

I would not a touch this mod if it required multicrewing for vehicles. :fistpunch: The FH Team understands that if they would do that they would lose many fans. I don't even have to point out the fact that thier is crappy communication in BF1942.

TheSniperHunter

I post to get attention

50 XP

22nd September 2003

0 Uploads

60 Posts

0 Threads

#4 16 years ago

Yea try getting two people to work together, you just would not be able to fire and drive effectivly, it just would not work. Thou it is more realistic it just isn't logical. Espesically if you play on a server with small amounts of people. There wouldnt be enough people to use all the tanks.

But i wouldnt mind the most people using rifles ideas, since i usually use a rifle or sniper rifle anyways

bmargb

BF 1936 TEAM

50 XP

31st August 2003

0 Uploads

340 Posts

0 Threads

#5 16 years ago
TheSniperHunter Thou it is more realistic it just isn't logical. Espesically if you play on a server with small amounts of people. There wouldnt be enough people to use all the tanks.

Well I never played in servers under 2 people for each side. So with 2 men, you can drive a tank. And well most of the WWII battles were infantery ones, so the tanks were support. (ye, I now that there were a few battles with only tanks, like Alamein, Kursk, the ardenees...). So the most common average of players in a server is about 16 or 18 (4 tanks for each side... enough)

And well i thinked that these mod will increase the gameplay and its based in WWII. The two facts that I said, will increase these 2 values.

In the expansion Road to Rome the tank driver can't move the turret, but the people always play with them.

[UGB]Brewster

GF makes me horny

50 XP

26th September 2003

0 Uploads

99 Posts

0 Threads

#6 16 years ago

One man tanks are rubbish, considering how powerful a tank is it would defeat the purpose of having infantry in the game at all if everyone could have his own tank. If you had a battle with 10 people on each side, then having 1 or 2 tanks would be a damn sight more realistic than 10 tanks a piece.

Also, please, please tell me that the planes have to rearm after each bomb? 'cos that is a major 'sucky, sucky' issue with BF.

bmargb

BF 1936 TEAM

50 XP

31st August 2003

0 Uploads

340 Posts

0 Threads

#7 16 years ago

Another thing, the max bomb amount of a BF109 for example was 2 bombs. So why in BF there are 15 for each bf109.

rIFTEr [HSF]

I post to get attention

50 XP

12th May 2003

0 Uploads

72 Posts

0 Threads

#8 16 years ago

It is called "gameplay". I think you guys are searching for RTS.

B.F. Pierce

FHmod Mapper

50 XP

27th April 2003

0 Uploads

763 Posts

0 Threads

#9 16 years ago

Our plane load outs are accurate.

Adding the small crewed tanks on BF is actually a smart idea. Try and imagine instead in tank battles everyone /can/ fit in a tank.

By making the vehicles have less crews you allow more people to play infantry, and with the small amount of people you normally see (20-40) you get just the right proportion of infantry to tanks, and it works out well.

That's one think I think DICE did ok on was making the vehicles only crewed by very few people, to /force/ more infantry combat.

Although some tanks we do have lots of positions on, but this is mostly for transport, as walking from combat zone to combat zone is kinda boring ;)

Super Six Four

XWWII Historical Research

50 XP

3rd July 2003

0 Uploads

83 Posts

0 Threads

#10 16 years ago

XWWII faced the same outcry from certain people, to change tanks so that there were 4-5 crew for each tank. But certain unavoidable facts had to be confronted that no one advocating multi-crew tanks could answer.

The first and foremost (and previously stated) is communication. On most public servers voice chat is not utilized. Imagine trying to type in to your gunner "target to the right" or some such. It would be virtually impossible. Even with teamspeak (or whatever you use) you would have to deal with massive amounts of overlapping chatter.

This leads to my biggest objection to such a plan: well trained tank crews fought and acted as one and this is impossible to recreate unless there is only one person driving/gunning the tank. Perhaps in the future there will be a way to streamline the process, but in BF... I'm afraid there's no way to accurately recreate multi-crewed tanks.