Cragger

GF Pwns Me!

50 XP

4th October 2003

0 Uploads

54 Posts

0 Threads

#21 15 years ago

The T-34 was superior to the PIV in speed, armament, armor thru its steep angled form, quantity,profile, and reliability. I was far the superior machine. German training and experience made up for many of these lackings in the beginning, but as crews losses climbed this deteriated.

The PIVH only gained a new 75mm gun that could defeat the T-34's armor at almost any facing. It was a good gun, however nothing else changed and it was actually slightly slower than the PIV because of the new gun and the additional armor that was often bolted on by the crews.

The effectiveness of the T-34 is strikingly evident in the Panzer Vs desig, which was probably the best all rounded German tank of its day. It was mounted with a 75mm gun which out penetrated the Flak88 in the Tiger. The only sever critisim of the Panther was its fuel and storage was easy to ignite in comparision to the PIV and VI.

Witch Hunter General

Dread thinks I'm a special person

50 XP

19th May 2003

0 Uploads

350 Posts

0 Threads

#22 15 years ago

PeoI hope you don't think that the pzIV or PzIII is equal to the t34?[/QUOTE]

Later PZIVs had a better gun(until they added that 85mm), way superior optics and was about immune in the front from that 76.2mm at most ranges, in a straight gun duel I take a IV anyday, for anything else the T-34.

And I specified AFVs, which means everything front tanks to assault guns. And the issue was reliability not lethality.

[QUOTE=Peo] The PzIII had to be at point blank range from the side to be able to defeat the armour of a t34.

wrong, wrong, wrong that is the case with versions armed with 37mm or 50mm L/42. Those armed with 50mm L/60 had a resonable chance, but they were rare when Barbarossa began. A Pak40 or more would nail that T-34, no problem.

Inkswitch

GF Pwns Me!

50 XP

4th October 2003

0 Uploads

51 Posts

0 Threads

#23 15 years ago
KämpferNow I am not going to get a supercritical and almost to the point of racist that you are going but I do think the FH team should really focus on hand weapons and Russian tanks now.

Yo. Don't label me a racist. My last name is Roush, buddy. Take a guess where my grandparents were born. In fact. I was guessing that the devs were German. I discovered I was right AFTER my post by reading through the forums. Kinda sad I could figure that out just from playing a couple days.

But, there IS some favoratism for the Axis. If you can't see that, you need to switch to the Allied team once. I feel like I am a French soldier in every map. hehe

And, all these folks are right. The T-34 was a better armored, faster tank, that was a good match with the Tiger. Why did I just watch one Tiger take out 5 T-34s after absorbing about 7-8 hits?

And, the maintenence on the Tigers was extremely time consuming and they did break down often. Perhaps the myth you (Witch Hunter) are referring to was the myth that Germany won the war?

But, I must say that this is a very well done mod. If the balance issues get fixed, it should last a long time. If they don't, peeps are gonna go on to something else.