Juno Commando

I don't spend enough time here

50 XP

3rd October 2003

0 Uploads

19 Posts

0 Threads

#1 16 years ago

Yeah, I'm a bit biased, but I think the Canadians did a lot in WW2 and yet they're in no war games. What's up with that? This has probably already been said before(because us Canadians love our country), but it would be so cool. Some battles you could have are:Ortona, Juno Beach(looks at name), Clearing of the Scheldt, Caen and especially Assoro which was one of the coolest battles I've ever heard of. You could add a few vehicles like the Bren-gun carrier, Buffaloes, and more stationary artillery( I had an idea that you could link three or so guns like the Battleships so that one guys could be arty for whole team). All the battles that Canadians fought in are interesting. It's not like it would take that long to incorporate them. Just don't put the Canadian flag, put the Canadian Ensign. If you need any help making em, I'll be glad to help you. So what do you guys thinK?

Also you should do a map with Malta and German ships trying to get past alive.

Gnarg!

GF makes me horny

50 XP

27th September 2003

0 Uploads

96 Posts

0 Threads

#2 16 years ago

... Canadians? Ok they might have done something but they werent a real factor in ww2...

Bandwidth

50 XP

27th March 2003

0 Uploads

24 Posts

0 Threads

#3 16 years ago

Like Canada us Aussies rarely have any appearance in any games the irony is that a fair few of our battles are in games and yet the developers always put British troops in. With people like Gnarg up there always failing to recognise that some countrys beyond the big three did infact contribute alot to the war effort you probably wont see any change. I suggest you Canadians do something about it, make your own mod put Canada in it and keep it centred on that perspective of the war, We have and its called The Lost battalion http://tlb.ausbattlefield.com/

Juno Commando

50 XP

3rd October 2003

0 Uploads

19 Posts

0 Threads

#4 16 years ago
Gnarg!... Canadians? Ok they might have done something but they werent a real factor in ww2...

We did liberate Holland. Also the Dieppe Raid could be a good map as well. As well as a map with a few stationary transports having to be protected from U-boats by corvettes and destroyers. Aslo you must model the Haida, cause it just kicked ass.

Lt.Ryan

FH-Beta Tester

50 XP

18th September 2003

0 Uploads

42 Posts

0 Threads

#5 16 years ago
BandwidthLike Canada us Aussies rarely have any appearance in any games the irony is that a fair few of our battles are in games and yet the developers always put British troops in. With people like Gnarg up there always failing to recognise that some countrys beyond the big three did infact contribute alot to the war effort you probably wont see any change. I suggest you Canadians do something about it, make your own mod put Canada in it and keep it centred on that perspective of the war, We have and its called The Lost battalion http://tlb.ausbattlefield.com/

Bandwidth a canadian mod for bf1942 is being made by canadians, its called call to arms. Here is the website. http://www.planetbattlefield.com/calltoarms

D-Fens

uwe bolltastic!

50 XP

2nd May 2003

0 Uploads

4,837 Posts

0 Threads

#6 16 years ago

What's up with all these minimods? Can't you atleast merge the aussies and canadian mods? If you did it for FH a lot more people would play them. Otherwise I predict 1 or 2 empty servers like all the other small mods.

[UGB]Brewster

GF makes me horny

50 XP

26th September 2003

0 Uploads

99 Posts

0 Threads

#7 16 years ago

Why do people with little knowledge of history, apart from what they see at the movies, continually make fools of themselves on these forums?

Bandwidth

50 XP

27th March 2003

0 Uploads

24 Posts

0 Threads

#8 16 years ago

D-fenceWhat's up with all these minimods? Can't you atleast merge the aussies and canadian mods? If you did it for FH a lot more people would play them. Otherwise I predict 1 or 2 empty servers like all the other small mods.[/QUOTE]

Erm i wouldnt call The Lost Battalion a mini mod. A mini mod to me would basically tweak existing weapons and reuse dice maps, such as action battlefield. TLB infact adds new units, vehicles, planes, and maps and unique infrantry class's more related to Australias role in the war. It is infact a mod of its own like FH and DC, EOD etc. Now i dont know how popular it would be world wide but Aussies are a frustrated untapped (probably getting angry) market and so it is a hottly looked forward to mod here.

[QUOTE=Lt.Ryan] Bandwidth a canadian mod for bf1942 is being made by canadians, its called call to arms. Here is the website. http://www.planetbattlefield.com/calltoarms.

Excellent, i've bookmarked it and will keep an eye on it.

D-Fens

uwe bolltastic!

50 XP

2nd May 2003

0 Uploads

4,837 Posts

0 Threads

#9 16 years ago
BandwidthErm i wouldnt call The Lost Battalion a mini mod. A mini mod to me would basically tweak existing weapons and reuse dice maps, such as action battlefield. TLB infact adds new units, vehicles, planes, and maps and unique infrantry class's more related to Australias role in the war. It is infact a mod of its own like FH and DC, EOD etc. Now i dont know how popular it would be world wide but Aussies are a frustrated untapped (probably getting angry) market and so it is a hottly looked forward to mod here.

Not really. FH, DC and EoD radically changes the the gameplay add lots of new content, while Lost Battalion only adds some new models, maps and skins, but it's nothing new otherwise, and it will have the same old Battlefield style gameplay and feeling. Of course it may attract som australian players, but I wouldn't play Lost Battalion instead of FH. Maybe they have some new nice weapons but that doesn't matter when the gameplay is boring. I have suggested many times that Australians, Poles and such should be added to FH, and that would be really nice, but to switch mods to play as Australians? Not likely.

Juno Commando

50 XP

3rd October 2003

0 Uploads

19 Posts

0 Threads

#10 16 years ago

Yeah, I checked out the mod site. No renders? I don't feel that it's necessary for us to make a mod based off Battlefield for Canadians, when the Fh mod team could easily make a few maps and add a few models and have an excellent representation of Canada's contribution to the War. So I guess I'm asking why they don't incorporate them. Unfortunately with an all Canadian mod, not many people not in Canada wold play it. A few maps in Fh however would get played much.