Neko Reaperman

I live on Gaming Forums

50 XP

28th April 2003

0 Uploads

1,126 Posts

0 Threads

#1 16 years ago

ok... i had a good idea..... how about if there was an officer class (or something like that) , they could have a binoculors with a little airplane icon on it...

when you point click and aim it, it launches a smoke grenade at the spot where it is pointed (instantly, so it would be like calling for an airstrike) with colored smoke depending on team.....

this would help airplane pilots know where to attack, if there was a large piller of blue smoke rising from a building :-p

i know this doesnt make much sence, but you should be able to get it...

heres it basicly:

Wherever the person clicks these specal binoculors, a colored smoke grenade instantly appears where he is pointed and burns for about 30-60 seconds.... you can use DC's smoke grenade code, as it doesnt appear to cause any lag at all.... this would give a visual cue to airplane pilots on where to attack, making close air support much eisier on the pilot....

Artie Bucco

Guey>Tio(a)

50 XP

27th April 2003

0 Uploads

3,682 Posts

0 Threads

#2 16 years ago

I like the idea. Its not very DK dependent and should be easy to implement.

judge reinhold

BOY I SURE POST ALOT

50 XP

28th April 2003

0 Uploads

2,112 Posts

0 Threads

#3 16 years ago

why not just have it so they can throw the canister? you know how noobs spam artillery needed? it would be quite a mess with all that smoke

TheSniperHunter

I post to get attention

50 XP

22nd September 2003

0 Uploads

60 Posts

0 Threads

#4 16 years ago
judge reinholdwhy not just have it so they can throw the canister? you know how noobs spam artillery needed? it would be quite a mess with all that smoke

Yea I'd definitely have to agree with you. Another reason why the canister idea is better it's not like people can carry an infinite amount of smoke grenades. But otherwise I like the idea.

Neko Reaperman

I live on Gaming Forums

50 XP

28th April 2003

0 Uploads

1,126 Posts

0 Threads

#5 16 years ago
judge reinholdwhy not just have it so they can throw the canister? you know how noobs spam artillery needed? it would be quite a mess with all that smoke

just give it ammo, and/or a very long reload time......

having a binoculor makes it so you can put the smoke at long range.... so you could have the planes attack some arty you see in the disctance

judge reinhold

BOY I SURE POST ALOT

50 XP

28th April 2003

0 Uploads

2,112 Posts

0 Threads

#6 16 years ago

why would binocs have a reload time? i like your idea, but canisters will work much better. rather than pointing it at an area and instantly getting smoke there, the player will have to get off his ass and get relatively close (could limit the throw distance) and chuck a canister in. its more realistic because someone has to throw the canister, rather than it mystically appearing there on its own

Neko Reaperman

I live on Gaming Forums

50 XP

28th April 2003

0 Uploads

1,126 Posts

0 Threads

#7 16 years ago
judge reinholdwhy would binocs have a reload time? i like your idea, but canisters will work much better. rather than pointing it at an area and instantly getting smoke there, the player will have to get off his ass and get relatively close (could limit the throw distance) and chuck a canister in. its more realistic because someone has to throw the canister, rather than it mystically appearing there on its own

yes.... but IRL a person would just give co-ordenants...

this just gives a person the ability to call in air support... and the planes the ability to take it out right away....

what if you saw a tank in a distant base? normally you could just call for support, but in bf1942, you cant do that.... at least not efficantly.... this would let this happen...

Kämpfer

I take what n0e says way too seriously

50 XP

27th April 2003

0 Uploads

2,394 Posts

0 Threads

#8 16 years ago

Neko Reapermanyes.... but IRL a person would just give co-ordenants...

this just gives a person the ability to call in air support... and the planes the ability to take it out right away....

what if you saw a tank in a distant base? normally you could just call for support, but in bf1942, you cant do that.... at least not efficantly.... this would let this happen...

I can imagine a Tiger coming through Bocage then all of the sudden it is surrounded by blue smoke, like to see that Tiger put it in full auto!

mondogenerator

Wolfgaming.net *****istrator

50 XP

24th September 2003

0 Uploads

568 Posts

0 Threads

#9 16 years ago

Why not have a flair gun instead, It could replace there pistol (or be another weapon select). After all only the engineer and the AT guy needs a pistol.

VoodooChile

GF Pwns Me!

50 XP

27th September 2003

0 Uploads

45 Posts

0 Threads

#10 16 years ago

the smoke would start to lag, since there is already some lag in some of the maps.