LIGHTNING [NL]

FH2 Developer

50 XP

30th May 2003

0 Uploads

9,811 Posts

0 Threads

#11 17 years ago

-blowing up shingles with bangalores! -lots and lots of people on the beach (perhaps add bots or animated static objects of people running up the beach and dieing, then disappearing and respawning). -BF109's to strafe the beach! -Accurate enviroment (but that's what I expect from flatline 44) -tobruk pits -mines on the beach and on the obstacles -coastal defences to engage combat with the ships -a small village to liberate (st. laurent sur mer) -no easy ways up (like in DICE's map) <<>>

judge reinhold

BOY I SURE POST ALOT

50 XP

28th April 2003

0 Uploads

2,112 Posts

0 Threads

#12 17 years ago

please dont add dead bodies already on the beach. it makes no sense. think about it... we're playing as the people going up to the beach, so who are the dead people already there? FH has bodies stay longer than normal so that is sufficient.

please wiking keep it accurate. there will probably be alot of suggestions for an inevitable SPR outcome, but fl44 could be the first map makers to ever make an original omaha beach map. i dont think bf109s strafed any beach, only fw 190s strafed utah twice.

LIGHTNING [NL]

FH2 Developer

50 XP

30th May 2003

0 Uploads

9,811 Posts

0 Threads

#13 17 years ago

oooh Fw190's, that's even better *looks at sig* :D

the longest day > SPR :p

HeLmUt_KlAmKe

Hell on Mute™

50 XP

29th August 2003

0 Uploads

729 Posts

0 Threads

#14 17 years ago

no planes on omaha...the german air defence in this sector was pwned by allied bombing...the only german planes on d-day were 2 focke wulfs....besides..its a infantry map

about the dead bodies....

the first wave massacre was for about 20 min....so you could start the action about 7-10 min. after the first wave... then you would be the team who captured the omaha beach.... its like a second part of he first wave :D...but not to musch bodies... 5-10 low poly bodies...cuz we dont wat it choppy :)

LIGHTNING [NL]

FH2 Developer

50 XP

30th May 2003

0 Uploads

9,811 Posts

0 Threads

#15 17 years ago

I think helmut has a point, you you want to show a fresh clean omaha on which you are the first wave, or do you want to show a dirty bloody omaha on which hunderds of people have died already on with you are the second or third wave?

judge reinhold

BOY I SURE POST ALOT

50 XP

28th April 2003

0 Uploads

2,112 Posts

0 Threads

#16 17 years ago

i want an omaha that conveys dirtiness by the ingame death and destruction, and not through gimmicks like mysterious dead bodies and soldiers that run and die and respawn

LIGHTNING [NL]

FH2 Developer

50 XP

30th May 2003

0 Uploads

9,811 Posts

0 Threads

#17 17 years ago

I don't see how that is possible...

judge reinhold

BOY I SURE POST ALOT

50 XP

28th April 2003

0 Uploads

2,112 Posts

0 Threads

#18 17 years ago

what? conveying atmosphere through a level? you say its not possible because most maps are uninspired. or if you mean about bots running up the beach, YOU SUGGESTED IT

HeLmUt_KlAmKe

Hell on Mute™

50 XP

29th August 2003

0 Uploads

729 Posts

0 Threads

#19 17 years ago

i am very interested in d-day... so i want it to be realistic..and give the strange feeling

not like "ohh wooow cool map i like the bunkers" but "damn..those guys really got guts to survive here"

like i sad..

its an infantry map..no caping on the middle of the beach...here we can use the idea old DoD that the flag the second spawn point is uder the bunkiers....

or we can have completly forget about the middle flag cuz the we can have flag like this:

flag1- right bunkier flag2- left bunkier flag3- mortar fields flad4- field barracks

the bangalores are the good idea..but is it possible ?? if so then the us soldier have to destroy the barbred wire to continue the sturm

and of cours getting rid of u.s snipers...one sniper in team... or an invisibe wal on in the bunkier so the sniper cant take out the crew....

and the bodies...if you want massive gore the add meny dead bodies...even you can use the i82 trick with thjat nude girl...you can do a dead soldier with no leg or hand (sic!)

but..it's yours mod..and i'm just a newbie

LIGHTNING [NL]

FH2 Developer

50 XP

30th May 2003

0 Uploads

9,811 Posts

0 Threads

#20 17 years ago

judge reinholdwhat? conveying atmosphere through a level? you say its not possible because most maps are uninspired. or if you mean about bots running up the beach, YOU SUGGESTED IT[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=judge reinhold]i want an omaha that conveys dirtiness by the ingame death and destruction, and not through gimmicks like mysterious dead bodies and soldiers that run and die and respawn

I don't see how you can make an omaha map that conveys dirtiness by ingame death and destruction without the use of gimmicks.