HeLmUt_KlAmKe

Hell on Muteā„¢

50 XP

29th August 2003

0 Uploads

729 Posts

0 Threads

#31 17 years ago
caenoi really don't want nothing of that "invisible walls" and "remove snipers" things. those suck! why would you remove snipers? and if you want a realistic game why would you apply some invisible wall? besides, i think it's impossible to do invisible walls... and also, if you can. the wall would stop every bullet. not only sniper bullets. yeah, that would be fun! ;r another thing, if the server is full of noobs who can't snipe change the server! if you limit the amount of snipers then theres always a noob who can't kill anyone holding up the sniper slot and thus no good sniper can snipe and help the team.

but look a the DICE omaha...its a sniper map ! that suck big time ! 3 guys in team are assaults and the rest i snipers....

on the real omaha the was no hero snipers that taked off the main bunkiers crew... a sniper limitation its a good way...1-2 sniper per teams..

and lets think how the main bunier mg-42 crew must have chances ...

its an assault map..so all of allies must complete the tas..and not "woo hoo im i 1337 snipep ang i will pwn j00"

Wiking9

I want to be like Revenge

50 XP

4th August 2003

0 Uploads

359 Posts

0 Threads

#32 17 years ago

Scouts on Omaha are nice when they actually scout for the naval artillery, but other than that they're worthless.

1 Sniper on Omaha can do enough work to keep the rest of the team safe from MG42 fire. We'll change that easily....Just wait, I'll throw some MSPaints at the community soon.

hatchetman

The Internet ends at GF

50 XP

11th September 2003

0 Uploads

127 Posts

0 Threads

#33 17 years ago

What you could do is change the weapon setr for the scout on the American side by replacing the sniper rifle with a standard rifle or some other shorter range weapon. But the scout should deffinitely keep the binocs, and there should be no limit so that anyone could call in artillery strikes.

judge reinhold

BOY I SURE POST ALOT

50 XP

28th April 2003

0 Uploads

2,112 Posts

0 Threads

#34 17 years ago

the only way to have a good sniper is to have no sniper. and bad idea with the artillery calling. its bad enough to go on EA servers and have the newbies spam artillery needed, no doubt they are wondering why left clicking doesnt bring up their zoomed binoc vision, so naturally clicking it over and over will work! multiply that by 4 and you got quite a radio spamfest. also your average private wouldnt get a radio to call in artillery, much less have some guy in the middle of the ocean with a destroyer listen to him, so its good the way they have it now (officers can call it in)

Soujiro

The Feared Engineer

50 XP

31st March 2003

0 Uploads

211 Posts

0 Threads

#35 17 years ago
caenoi really don't want nothing of that "invisible walls" and "remove snipers" things. those suck! why would you remove snipers? and if you want a realistic game why would you apply some invisible wall? besides, i think it's impossible to do invisible walls... and also, if you can. the wall would stop every bullet. not only sniper bullets. yeah, that would be fun! ;r another thing, if the server is full of noobs who can't snipe change the server! if you limit the amount of snipers then theres always a noob who can't kill anyone holding up the sniper slot and thus no good sniper can snipe and help the team.

In Omaha, they didn't use the sniper rifles until they made past the minefield. So, why not make it when the Allied captured the flag under the bunker... they have spawnable sniper kits?

okiN

Duke

50 XP

27th August 2003

0 Uploads

495 Posts

0 Threads

#36 17 years ago

Lots of good ideas floating around, I'll try to squeeze the ones I like best together here and add a few new ones.

Ok, I say it'll be much better if you keep the paradrop map and landing map separate, for obvious reasons stated earlier. It'd get confusing, and of course everyone would prefer parachuting to landing at the beach. If you're making a Normandy paratrooper map (And you'd better!), it might be cool with the random spawning, but it'd probably get confusing and annoying if you couldn't get where you're needed and/or want to go. It'd be good if you had a few C47 spawn points in the air (Maybe 3), but make it so that they automatically circle around the map, and so that they can't be shot down. Or make it like in market garden where there's no planes and you spawn parachuting down. It'd be silly if you had to fly in all the way from England. On the actual topic, i.e. the beach landing, it would be really cool if there were shingles on the beach that you couldn't just run through, but would have to blow up with TNT. It's probably possible, but I'm not sure. You could make them an objective or treat them like a vehicle or whatever. To prevent excessive sniper camping, snipers could be removed from allies and restricted/made so that you have to pick them up in the bunkers for germans, or less puritanically make it restricted/so that you have to pick them up somewhere on the beach for allies and given freely to germans. Or you could make it like Soujiro said (Look down), and have kits spawn in the bunkers after they've been captured.

EDIT:

SoujiroIn Omaha, they didn't use the sniper rifles until they made past the minefield. So, why not make it when the Allied captured the flag under the bunker... they have spawnable sniper kits?