reeree

I don't spend enough time here

50 XP

25th March 2004

0 Uploads

20 Posts

0 Threads

#1 14 years ago

my local LAN community of about 40-45 members have been playing BF1942 and now the FH mod almost exclusively. The following list of ideas are game balance issues and just "cool things" our group would love to see and we were wondering if any were possible considering the tools available. first I should mention how much we all appreciate the FH team giving us a final reason to stop playing DoD! hehe thanks guys! 1. adjustable spawn timers for land and air vehicles -- we think it defeats any sense of progression and accomplishment when once that Tiger is destroyed it just respawns a minute later. we think it would force alot of strategy into the game to protect armor units. And it would add a movie-like atmosphere and a sense of purposful plan of attack if armor and artillery units could be crippled and then had to be repaired by engineers. game rounds would then have decisive and memorable moments rather than just a cycle of chaos and repetitive encounters. yes, yes i know many enjoy that sort of play but we were just wondering if it could be a server option or something like that so people like us could choose. 2. new anti-armor devices for infantry -- from a realism and gameplay standpoint it would help alot to improve balance. i am not a ww2 historian but i believe the most common form of infantry anti-tank weapons were smoke grenades and magnetic grenades. i think both of these would really set the FH apart from other bf1942 mods. smoke grenades did no damage to the tank machinery just caused the operators to flee the tank. 3. fuel -- would definitely add some strategy to vehicle use and most importantly, a degree of dependence on ground support to keep it blasting away. Engineers refuel all vehicles. again a historical basis for this as well -- i'm pretty sure that many tanks, king tigers especially, were more often abandoned for lack of fuel than destroyed in combat. 4. medic class changes -- i think medic class would be fun if they could actually be useful. someone had the idea that rather then running around healing single players, medics could also set up M.A.S.H. units on the map that players could retreat to in times of need. these could just be the standard health lockers maybe in a tent building. with well thought out restrictions and limitations these would add a new dimension to the game. 5. engineer class changes -- if the first suggestion in this list could be implemented then the engineer would be so useful in order to keep the armor maintained. as it is now it seems they are only chosen for mines and exp packs which have very limited usefulness (and of course were not historically the best method to counter armor units). engineers could also refuel vehicles as well as repair. ok these are just a few of the ideas and comments our group thought might make FH an even more varied and exciting experience. Again we appreciate all your hard work and eagerly watch as FH further develops.

|KFG|Hell_March

GF makes me horny

50 XP

23rd March 2004

0 Uploads

89 Posts

0 Threads

#2 14 years ago

well I like some of your idea's and I agree the expacking tanks is kinda lame. As for the mines I would like to see that mines are invisable except only to team mates. Mines are easily avoided and besides dont they usaully burry mines a few inches into the ground. Also what about mine sweeping and anti infantry mines? As far as I have seen mines are only usefull to stop tanks. And what about anti mine equipment? engineers should be able to lay bigger minefields and have more types of mines that do damage to different types of unit other than vehicles.Minesweepers would be able to make the mines visable to your team so as toprevent friendlys from running over or getting into an enemy mine field. As for refuleing I dont see that as practical for the game because there is not enough distance to have to cover to need refueling unless there were certain scenario's made where it would be needed. Example would be the bulge. the counter attack was made because they needed fuel. Maybe the tanks could be very low on fuel until they actaully take fuel supply center so they could refuel. I'd like to see more objective based maps. I would also have to agree about vehicle respawn times it should be server optional if possible. It is kinda disheartening when you finally manage to load enough bazooka rounds or piat rounds only to see it quickly respawn and have to detroy it again. Also more infantry based maps would be nice as well. As for anti tank equipment that would be a nice feature. on that subject I'd like to comment on the panzerfaust. As I am aware they were mostly issued to the ss and not the standerd german army. I see to many panzerfaust and not enough panzerschrecks. The panzerschreck is more common and nearly as good as the the panzerfaust 100 not to mention it is reloadable whereas the panzerfaust is not. I remember some1 else talking about somethign along the same route as setting up a mash in the detroyable bridges thread I started. They were talking about making it possibly for engineers to set up defenses. I imagine the same could be done with a mash unit. well thats about all I have to say for now

Dee-Jaý

Always 1 point ahead of you

50 XP

17th February 2004

0 Uploads

1,694 Posts

0 Threads

#3 14 years ago

sry, double post...

Dee-Jaý

Always 1 point ahead of you

50 XP

17th February 2004

0 Uploads

1,694 Posts

0 Threads

#4 14 years ago

1. Well I can partially agree on your point, but it has never really disturbed me´. But then again, if its a server side option it can´t really be much harm, if it is possible. 2. I doupt the smoke grenades in FH would be a very effective AT weapon. Especially not in open fields. Also I´ve never heard of smoke grenades beeing used as AT weapons, but it does make sense in a way. As for sticky TNT, you´ll have to wait untill the mod converts to BFV if you want that feature. 3. FH, for all its realism is still an arcade game based on BF 1942. Fuel would hardly make sense in FHs rather quick paced battles. The average life-time of a tank is probably up to 5 min. and a fuel system for such a life expectancy seems just a waste. Armour endourance is already limited by ammo and armour, which is enough for a game like FH. Fuel woudn´t add anything... 4. Weapons in FH are pretty deadly so that you seldomly run around with low health. Thats why the medic class was removed, because it didn´t matter if you had full health, or hardly any. You still die in 1 shot (by a rifle). mae counts for your MASH tents. APCs should be able to heal (I don´t think they do though) and so function as a mobile ambulance... 5. I think realativly few tanks are killed by mines or TNT so I don´t really see much of a problem with the engineer class. I normaly pick an engineer, because he often has the same rifle as the Assault class, and could addittionaly take out armour if nessassery...

Jagd

{TDB}MajGen.Jagd AA

50 XP

16th March 2004

0 Uploads

720 Posts

0 Threads

#5 14 years ago

Transport trucks heal you, APCs just rearm. An ingenius bit of balancing, that.

Mast3rofPuppets VIP Member

08'aIgnorance is not an excuse

50 XP

28th November 2003

0 Uploads

8,198 Posts

0 Threads

#6 14 years ago
|KFG|Hell_March As for anti tank equipment that would be a nice feature. on that subject I'd like to comment on the panzerfaust. As I am aware they were mostly issued to the ss and not the standerd german army. I see to many panzerfaust and not enough panzerschrecks. The panzerschreck is more common and nearly as good as the the panzerfaust 100 not to mention it is reloadable whereas the panzerfaust is not.

I think you've mixed up panzershrek and panzerfaust. IIRC almost only SS units used panzershreks. The faust was very common in all german units.

I saw a documentary on Discovery about german weapons and on that program they said that one faust costed 10 mark to produce and one shrek costed 3000 mark, so the faust was much more common than shrek.

SilenT AssassiN

A South African Bohemian

50 XP

9th October 2003

0 Uploads

1,951 Posts

0 Threads

#7 14 years ago

ot: was a shrek better that a faust ?

McGibs

FHdev

50 XP

3rd October 2003

0 Uploads

4,064 Posts

0 Threads

#8 14 years ago

Yes. Longer range, better punching power, and reloadable. Not every soldier could carry one though.

PanzerAce

Some Guy...

50 XP

11th January 2004

0 Uploads

736 Posts

0 Threads

#9 14 years ago

and, IIRC, harder to use

McGibs

FHdev

50 XP

3rd October 2003

0 Uploads

4,064 Posts

0 Threads

#10 14 years ago

yup, usually gotta have a crew. 2 guys who know what theyr doing (connect wires, yadda yadda)

I think im gunna remake the shreck and zook when im done the no4 (they shouldnt take as long, big metal tubes are easy to skin/model)

I plan on giveing the shreck that funky charataristic blast shield, and changing the zook to the later war all metal one. I hate that stupid wood crap. So blocky.