GuRu10

I want to be like the Admins

50 XP

6th October 2003

0 Uploads

226 Posts

0 Threads

#1 14 years ago

I think replacing the engineer class(c'mon guys, we took out the unrealistic medic, why not the unrealistic engi?) with armoured repair vehicles would be great! While not totally realistic, alot more realistic than a magic wrench. These would basically be driven near other vehicles to repair them, like a mobile repair pad.

Here are some examples of real ones: mac-101.jpg Here we have the mighty bergepanzer tiger based on the tiger chassis(duh). It only has a machinegun, but it's strong and durable as a normal tiger!

gas50847_71.jpeg Here's an allied one, based on the grant chassis. It may not have as good armour as the tiger i posted above, but I think it balances out with the fact that it's armed with cannons.

So what do you guys think? Good, bad or just plain stupid?

emonkies

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

17th July 2003

0 Uploads

15,096 Posts

0 Threads

#2 14 years ago

I like the idea but I wonder how many will be driven to the front by noobs. If they want a battle taxi make a Kangaroo (Kangaroo was basically a turretless Sherman with a .50cal mounted on a pintle mount in front as well as the hull MG. You climbed out teh top and jumped over the side to enter combat.)

More common for the US would be M32 ARV.

Soviets had ARV's based on the T-34, KV-1, and SU-122's.

GuRu10

50 XP

6th October 2003

0 Uploads

226 Posts

0 Threads

#3 14 years ago

How about give points to people that repair other vehicles with their ARVs? Or, if people really don't care about scores, let's just give them frags to keep them happy for repairing stuff :nodding: .

EDIT: I thought the kangaroo was only used by the canadian forces? Oh well, i do know for sure it was canadian. Which is why I want it in anyways! :rock:

McGibs

FHdev

50 XP

3rd October 2003

0 Uploads

4,064 Posts

0 Threads

#4 14 years ago

cant change the score system without an sdk.

This has been suggested before, and im all for it. I hate the engineer with a passion.

ManiK

Dance the dance of life!

50 XP

10th November 2003

0 Uploads

2,134 Posts

0 Threads

#5 14 years ago

not enough people use the engineer for its purpose anyways, to repair, they only use it for the rifle and the explosives, how about a sapper class for removing mines and planting explosives and mines, with no repair wrench, or if they dont take it out, slow down the rate of repair

GuRu10

50 XP

6th October 2003

0 Uploads

226 Posts

0 Threads

#6 14 years ago

Yes, how about replacing the engineer with a combat engineer. Right now, the engineer acts more like a combat mechanic.

These are two different things here. I say change the class and add the ARVs.

McGibs

FHdev

50 XP

3rd October 2003

0 Uploads

4,064 Posts

0 Threads

#7 14 years ago

No more stupid ass xpacks! I want satchel charges damnit!

emonkies

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

17th July 2003

0 Uploads

15,096 Posts

0 Threads

#8 14 years ago
McGibsNo more stupid ass xpacks! I want satchel charges damnit!

YES! I have expressed before that satchel charges would be much more realistic.

I also want engineers to be able to deploy a pack like a Bailey bridge or pontoon bridge.

Yes it would look like a ACME products insta-bridge but it would add to the overall tactical realism for engineers to be able to blow bridges or construct a temporary bridge.

GuRu10

50 XP

6th October 2003

0 Uploads

226 Posts

0 Threads

#9 14 years ago

I think it would be cool if an ARV made a bridge! :deal:

ManiK

Dance the dance of life!

50 XP