General Taskeen

FH Betatester

50 XP

24th November 2002

0 Uploads

659 Posts

0 Threads

#1 16 years ago

What I always thought would be cool if there was some sort of secondary spotter, perhaps from a kit you pick up.

The way that you would use it, would be just like normal spotting, but a rain of artillery would come down on the position (could be anything from 80 mm mortar fire, or 125 mm arty pieces or something). In the distance you would hear distant *pum* *pum* sounds and that would the enemies warning to find cover :).

Basically like the artillery spotting in CM:BB/AK.

[WOLF] JChaser

WOLF Member At Large

50 XP

12th January 2004

0 Uploads

45 Posts

0 Threads

#2 16 years ago

General Taskeen, What do you mean by a secondary spotter??? I think your trying to say that you would like a kit that would be able to call in off board artillery. If so it soulds good. EOD had something like this in the SR-71 Blackbird where it could call in an arty strike from the second seat.

Dee-Jaý

Always 1 point ahead of you

50 XP

17th February 2004

0 Uploads

1,694 Posts

0 Threads

#3 16 years ago

Yep, EoD had that feature and it sure would add to FH aswell. It would make precicse artillery barrages more common and effective. But then again it would annihilate the use of normal artillery which would be rather a shame. I think this feature might be usefull on some special maps (Covert Ops.) but not a general feature for all FH maps noone would be using the standard artillery any more... I´d like something similar to what was suggested here: http://www.gamingforums.com/showthread.php?t=111298&highlight=Officer+requesting PS: How do I get rid of this pink ?

Swe_Flying_Frog

The Frogs Will Invade By Air

50 XP

2nd October 2003

0 Uploads

324 Posts

0 Threads

#4 16 years ago

FinnWars also got this feature. It's cool...

BAM

I pretend I'm cooler than AzH

50 XP

27th April 2003

0 Uploads

3,415 Posts

0 Threads

#5 16 years ago

Finnwars had it Before EOD !!

Rathole

Take one for the team

50 XP

23rd March 2004

0 Uploads

117 Posts

0 Threads

#6 16 years ago

I kind of like the idea of off-board artillery. I just wonder how devastating this might become...

However, if more people would cooperate and use the existing artillery effectively, off-board artillery wouldn't really be necessary. Too many times arty is sitting waiting for an officer to call for fire, or an officer calls in arty with nothing ever happening. Maybe it's just the nature of play because I don't play with a clan. Times when cooperation happens (often on Omaha Beach) the existing artillery system works fine.

Swe_Flying_Frog

The Frogs Will Invade By Air

50 XP

2nd October 2003

0 Uploads

324 Posts

0 Threads

#7 16 years ago

I think its very hard to hit enemy units with the alredy existing artillery. I takes long time for me to get the artillery rigth on the spot. So offboard artillery would be a little easier to make some damage in the enemy lines. Artillery was a devestating weapon but in Vanilla BF it's not what i would hope for. The MG's are worthless in Vanilla BF too. They overheat in a few seconds and the gunner is exploited to every gunfiring enemy. FH has managed to make the MG better but they are still not that kind of MG that i would like to see...