Chu-Ko-Nu

Lord Of KubelDeath (TM)

50 XP

16th December 2003

0 Uploads

26 Posts

0 Threads

#1 14 years ago

Would it be possible to create/modify the AT guns so that they do no splash damage and do not kill infantry in a single shot, but do incredible damage to tanks? An example - An AT gun shoots an Infantryman in the thigh, he loses about 50% health. (Torso/Head shot kills) The same AT gun hits a tank on the side, rendering the tank a flaming hulk. Is this at all possible without changing the actual HP of the tank? (No need to flame me if this requires and SDK, I'm not a modder)

Major Hartmann

Major Disinformation

50 XP

27th April 2003

0 Uploads

2,347 Posts

0 Threads

#2 14 years ago

Actually this is easily possible, but somehow in contrary to realism....

Chu-Ko-Nu

Lord Of KubelDeath (TM)

50 XP

16th December 2003

0 Uploads

26 Posts

0 Threads

#3 14 years ago

Yes, well, realism be damned if it makes the game suck.

judge reinhold

BOY I SURE POST ALOT

50 XP

28th April 2003

0 Uploads

2,112 Posts

0 Threads

#4 14 years ago
Chu-Ko-NuAn example - An AT gun shoots an Infantryman in the thigh, he loses about 50% health.

why would this happen if you hit him? i can kinda see your point about not being like arty for splash damage, but if you hit a guy with a 17pound AT shell in the thigh, i think its safe to assume the war is over for him. One thing about DC i hate is that you can take a stinger in the face and all that results is a comical hop made by your character

el bandito

Captain of jelly

50 XP

28th October 2003

0 Uploads

377 Posts

0 Threads

#5 14 years ago

I'm with Reinhold on that; IF you manage to hit someone with an AT round, then they should die (and then applaud the luck/skill that it took to make that shot land).

Chu-Ko-Nu

Lord Of KubelDeath (TM)

50 XP

16th December 2003

0 Uploads

26 Posts

0 Threads

#6 14 years ago

Well, true, if it were hard to aim, but I have envisioned it as a long range weapon, and I don't want it to become an Anti-Tank sniper rifle. Edit - I want it to be that the gun is hard to destroy via armor, but a small group of infantry can easily rush in and take it out.

Mazz

BFE-WAW

50 XP

16th November 2003

0 Uploads

1,245 Posts

0 Threads

#7 14 years ago

Killor are u saying a 88 doesnt penetrate a T34 in fh .5? in real life it would go in and out the other side in some instances. I probably misunderstood but a comment like that from u frightens me.

McGibs

FHdev

50 XP

3rd October 2003

0 Uploads

4,064 Posts

0 Threads

#8 14 years ago

This is a really dumb idea...

If you want to take out an AT gun, get 2 or 3 guys, and outflank the stupid thing. They dont turn fast, thier rof is slow, and they cant move.

88s are everywhere in .6, and its essentially an unarmoured tiger gun on a piece of sheet metal. Takes out any tank in 1-2 hits and any plane in 1 (I use AT rounds for planes... i can NEVER hit them with AA rounds)

explamster

Flying Ace

50 XP

12th November 2003

0 Uploads

138 Posts

0 Threads

#9 14 years ago

In that case your aim must suck. AA ought to be easier to hit planes with. Huh?

MeanMrMustard

Such a mean old man

50 XP

15th September 2003

0 Uploads

178 Posts

0 Threads

#10 14 years ago
Chu-Ko-NuEdit - I want it to be that the gun is hard to destroy via armor, but a small group of infantry can easily rush in and take it out.

Yeh I believe its called flanking. I wouldnt charge straight at an AT gun unless it was absolutely necessary.