A_Rude_Gesture

Scanian Partisan

50 XP

18th March 2004

0 Uploads

30 Posts

0 Threads

#1 14 years ago

Well....I searched the forum regarding any similar threads but didn't find any sooo....here goes. Played Fall Weiss yesterday, been playing it a couple of times and the more I play it, the more annoyed I get with the AT rifle. Now, I know that the AT rifle didn't do much damage and I do know that they were not very accurate, however I didn't realize the reloadtime for them were this long. In fact I say unto you, people of the FH forum, that the reloadtime was in fact not as long as it is in the mod! I actually clocked the time it takes to reload the polish AT-rifle in the mod. It took a whopping 8 second...which, granted, does not seem like much, but when compared to the Kar98's 2 second reloadtime is a bit too much. Now, one might wonder why there's such a long reloadtime, at least I do. The mechanism of an AT rifle is similar to that of the Kar98 and hence would not take more than the Kar98 to reload. Add one or two seconds for playability and bingo, you got yourself an AT rifle! If you look at the reload animation for the AT rifle IT only takes 2 second, yet we still have to sit around and wait, presumably rubbing our sore shoulder, for another 6 second which feels like an eternity before being able to fire again. Now, the AT rifle isn't a good weapon with it's low accuracy and low damage to armour, but at least I find it downright silly to sit around waiting another 6 seconds just to have the AT rifle take as long to reload as a bazooka or a PIAT. Hmm...I realize I sound a bit cranky and this IS my first post here so I'd also like to take the time and tell you how great your mod is. It is really great and keep up the good work. But please take my constructive critizism to heart, it will make the mod a bit more realistic and fun...at least when playing Fall Weiss. //A_Rude_Gesture

Denwad

GF Pwns Me!

50 XP

20th October 2003

0 Uploads

50 Posts

0 Threads

#2 14 years ago

If it fired any faster everyone would have one, screw using the rifle!

Baron_Von_Goofey

all polar bears r left handed

50 XP

14th November 2003

0 Uploads

54 Posts

0 Threads

#3 14 years ago

just curious. you werent by any chance shooting at the front of a tank were you?

Dee-Jaý

Always 1 point ahead of you

50 XP

17th February 2004

0 Uploads

1,694 Posts

0 Threads

#4 14 years ago

Still, I think he has a valid point there. AT rifles do need ages to reload, and it isn´t in any way compensated by its effectiveness. I think they should make the reloadtime of AT rifles 4-6 seconds...

Sputty

Master of Kittens

50 XP

13th January 2004

0 Uploads

927 Posts

0 Threads

#5 14 years ago

Yeah, the reload time is a bit long, but it should only be changed a bit. BTW, hit the side. 2 or 3 shots will kill a PzII

D-Fens

uwe bolltastic!

50 XP

2nd May 2003

0 Uploads

4,837 Posts

0 Threads

#6 14 years ago

Your'e wrong, the Wz 35 had 6rpm = 1 one shot every ten seconds. Giving it a little more power though...

NoCoolOnesLeft

My Blood Is Olive Drab

50 XP

19th November 2003

0 Uploads

4,329 Posts

0 Threads

#7 14 years ago

well...Its still an awkward weapon to use, the reload is a bit tedious especialy when infantry is around hunting you down. If you dont make the first shot count...Its safe to say you wont be around much longer.

Actualy, if used right hitting a tank at a 90 degree angle, and from either the back or side, one shot will make a pzrII smoke. its an effective AT weapon and the dim light and atmosphere of Fall Weiss makes it excellent for ambushing convoys.

.....now, try shooting a plane with an AT rifle :naughty: (and yes, it did work..only once so far)

PanzerAce

Some Guy...

50 XP

11th January 2004

0 Uploads

736 Posts

0 Threads

#8 14 years ago

next time try searching also for the name of the AT rifle(M35), if you had done this you would have seen http://www.gamingforums.com/showthread.php?t=114636, were i gripe about power, and other stuff.

C38368

...burning angel wings to dust

50 XP

14th February 2004

0 Uploads

5,013 Posts

0 Threads

#9 14 years ago

Not powerful? Not accurate? Last time I played Fall Weiss, I killed a PzrII in two hits, an Opel Blitz and Hanomag (one hit each) and sniped an infantryman before my connection took a dump.

A_Rude_Gesture

Scanian Partisan

50 XP

18th March 2004

0 Uploads

30 Posts

0 Threads

#10 14 years ago
C38368Not powerful? Not accurate? Last time I played Fall Weiss, I killed a PzrII in two hits, an Opel Blitz and Hanomag (one hit each) and sniped an infantryman before my connection took a dump.

I wasn't reffering to AT Rifles in the mod when I said that they were not accurate and not powerful, I was reffering to what they were like irl. An AT-rifle is quite powerful (mebbe even to powerful considering the fact that they fired a solid shot) in the mod and the accuracy is good. And yes, I do know that the armour of most tanks are thinner at the sides and the back, btw top-shots doesn't appear to be implemented in the game. In retrospect, when it comes to me searching the forum, I indeed should have searched for the name of the rifle, but it had slipped my mind. The 6 shots/minute thing I haven't heard before, seeing as the mechanism is almost identical for an AT rifle and a regular rifle I find it a bit hard to explain the longer reloadtime. I might be mistaken when it comes to the polish AT rifle but I know for a fact that the german version worked just like a mauser. I haven't tried it ingame yet, but mebbe the german AT rifle does have a higher rof? If there indeed is a difference I have no further complaints regarding the subject. //A_Rude_Gesture