Noir Cheval

Big Muskel Guy

50 XP

3rd October 2003

0 Uploads

72 Posts

0 Threads

#1 16 years ago

Not sure if anything's been said about this or not, but I did a search and didn't really find anything (in the Suggestions forum). I played Atlantic today, and though the lag was a whole lot less, it still seemed like something was missing in the gameplay -- so I have a few suggestions:

1) Would it be possible to add more Axis planes, as it seems like the Allies do a lot of flying around without anything to shoot at?

2) Would it be possible to add at least one more spawn point? If the point of the map is to battle over the ONE spawn point, then I understand completely.

Also, is it me or do the bi-planes guns seem a little underpowered when it comes to the patrol boats?

baobobafet

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

3rd October 2003

0 Uploads

4 Posts

0 Threads

#2 16 years ago

Actually I had another idea.

Sudden Death? What if there were NO flags! It would then be a simple battle of attrition. Last ship/boat surviving wins. Certain key ships would only spawn once - (never to cause lag again :) Other ships might spawn twice.

Take it from me or anyone else that's expended their last torp on a Battleship - that there's nothing so disheartening than to see the same battle ship spring up 3 minutes later :(

I also think the number of U-boats should be increased (or more respawns) since there are barely enough torps in total available to pose any serious threat to the allies. (or some means of resupply needs to be added)

IMO the above would have the effect of creating teamwork to keep certain assetts protected and afloat - or risk losing key firepower required to dominate the scenario. With an increased U-boat threat there would be more incentive for the allies to actively search for U-boats (something that rarely occurs outside the flag zone - if at all)

Just my observations...

baobobafet

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

3rd October 2003

0 Uploads

4 Posts

0 Threads

#3 16 years ago

A small caveat to my above post: re: What if there were NO flags! It would then be a simple battle of attrition. Last ship/boat surviving wins.

If the BF attrition rules are "last man standing" as opposed to last ship/boat remaining. A time limit may need to be imposed with the lowest casualty side proclaimed the winner.(although I hate time limits - I would err on the side of too long than too brief a time)

Otherwise (and this could be interesting nontheless) you might have a single surviving enemy soldier evading capture, hiding on a sub or even one of your own vessels or aircraft that would perhaps drag the scenario out beyond reasonable proportions when the victor of the battle is obvious.

ArcherMH

GF Pwns Me!

50 XP

29th April 2003

0 Uploads

38 Posts

0 Threads

#4 16 years ago

You could make it last boat floating I think, last time I played Coral Sea the ship sunk and then while some guys on the other team were still alive the counter wound down. (Or they may have been killed, but I think they were alive)