NINJAFELONY

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

19th January 2004

0 Uploads

4 Posts

0 Threads

#1 14 years ago

I remember when I played Day of Defeat v.1 for the very first time after not playing it since the earliest DOD version was released and wow - I was blown away! Not just by the 'then awesome' graphics modification to the the HL engine but to the *SOUND*. Here's my rant: I think that BF and all of the 'good' mods out there, DC, FH, EOD are really great mods but they all lack and share the same thing. 'dry and stale' sounds. So far, i think FH has the greatest soundpack. Most of the soundpacks/BF sounds are so 'fake' sounding as to it doesn't give the player a sense of power behind his weapon. The .50 cal shouldn't sound like a thuddy' nailgun, instead it should pack a powerful 'bang w/a metallic cling at the end of each explosion, now wouldn't that be phattie? I wish I knew how to compile soundpacks for BF - if anyone can send me a link to tutorials I'd like to do some sound engineering for myself - but as far as this one goes, I pray that devs realize the importance and impact of great/authentic sounds to gameplay.

NINJAFELONY

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

19th January 2004

0 Uploads

4 Posts

0 Threads

#2 14 years ago

oh, and for those of you who do have Day of Defeat or even Counter-Strike, looks in your mods/sounds folder and play the wav's for the gun sounds... aren't they sweet?

Kingrudolf

Fan FH Mapper

50 XP

9th October 2003

0 Uploads

1,345 Posts

0 Threads

#3 14 years ago

Edit button!

I pretty much agree; vannilla BF sounds are crap. Many sounds are "universal" the ones you hear in cartoons, and on Discovery channel, when they play movies which didn't record sound, so they added some custom sounds to them. But 0.6 will have excellent sounds. So that'll be a big smack in the face for all the other mods.

Mast3rofPuppets VIP Member

08'aIgnorance is not an excuse

50 XP

28th November 2003

0 Uploads

8,198 Posts

0 Threads

#4 14 years ago

The sounds should roxs because they have(had?) merged with MC.

Kämpfer

I take what n0e says way too seriously

50 XP

27th April 2003

0 Uploads

2,394 Posts

0 Threads

#5 14 years ago

Lots of new and good sounds so far :)

McGibs

FHdev

50 XP

3rd October 2003

0 Uploads

4,064 Posts

0 Threads

#6 14 years ago

... .... your jokeing... right?!?

dod sounds.... good?!?!?

What the hell is wrong with you!! Dod has the shittiest sounds in any half life mod! The guns are nothing but static! It hurts my ears! I always mod my sounds to hell because i cant STAND the original dod sounds.

Uncle_Sam

Pass me a Lucky Strike...

50 XP

23rd December 2003

0 Uploads

1,120 Posts

0 Threads

#7 14 years ago

I find it funny how the MP40, as an example (any gun could be used), in 10 different games sounds completely different in each one. And nothing like a real one (yes, I've heard many authentic WWII guns). One of the main sounds I would like to see edited is the MG42, it currently sounds the best out of any other WWII mod, but nothing like it should. CoD, although I hate that game, has a pretty decent MG42 sound, I would like one more along those lines. But, as stated, with MC on board now, we can expect some kick ass sounds!

AussieZaitsev

Revenge was here.

50 XP

14th December 2003

0 Uploads

1,970 Posts

0 Threads

#8 14 years ago

lol, a couple of dods douns were good, but i had custom everything, custim sounds make the world go round *oh and sprites and models*....one this i did like about dods soud was the bullet whizzes and the ambient sound. i cant get FH's ambient sound working because of some Hardware Acceleration fault, i turn on Hardware Acceleration and ALL my sounds get nerfed,

Negator

GF Pwns Me!

50 XP

6th October 2003

0 Uploads

46 Posts

0 Threads

#9 14 years ago

I think some sounds are realy nice e.g. the MG sound by tigers's or Panzer IV-H.

another mod with realy great sounds espacily for the planes is battlegroup42. The airplane sound is just wonderful :)

NINJAFELONY

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

19th January 2004

0 Uploads

4 Posts

0 Threads

#10 14 years ago

When I said DOD sounds were good, I did mean they ARE good. :naughty: I mean even the default dod soundpack was excellent but tons of other soundpacks surfaced which were even better. Honesty, the BF sounds simply just doesn't match up with the quality and detail of some some HL mods (CS, DOD) - anyways, since now that I heard Merciless merged w/the FH team I have high hopes! Dont ever stop team FH! Excellent job. :beer: