I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

28th September 2003

0 Uploads

1 Posts

0 Threads

#1 16 years ago

First off, best mod ever for BF1942.

I would like you to remove the background shooting on some maps. I find i very annoying that I can here people shooting all the time, when there isn't a soul around. I think it disturbing for the gameplay aswell, because it's not realistik that there is gunfighting, when there is no one there, let instead the players make those sounds, so you know if you are in the middel of a battle or if you are in "no mans land" where it would be quite as the grave. It also affects that ypu have a harder time detmerning where they enemy is shootng from, because you cannot make out which soubds is "enemy fire" and which is "fake fire".

ps. also the "plane dive" sound and other "human made" sounds. I don't mind wind or sea sounds, or the belltowers ect.

Maze- #GN-Crew @ quaknet, if you have anything to ask or something ;) Sorry for my bad english

rIFTEr [HSF]

I post to get attention

50 XP

12th May 2003

0 Uploads

72 Posts

0 Threads

#2 16 years ago

It is "those little things that count". WW2 was not "quiet" and this background sounds is trying to show that. They are trying to set an atmosphere and doing a damn good job at it. Next would be sounds of people shouting in close town areas...etc.

[FRK] FROST

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

28th September 2003

0 Uploads

12 Posts

0 Threads

#3 16 years ago

The background sound could be much more intense for a better and more realistic war atmosphere. In my opinion the current ones are still to quiet. I have seen Band of Brothers and the background sounds there where the best i ever heard.

Ohh and if you really have problems to make out which is enemy or background fire, ill have a good advice for you. If you hear a bang and a whizzz next to you it's not the background then ;)

TommyGunDaliani

Cesare

50 XP

26th June 2003

0 Uploads

1,717 Posts

0 Threads

#4 16 years ago

yea currently the backround sounds are to quiet they need to make them so you feel like your in a very intense battle

ww2freak

Ingame name: Major.

50 XP

27th April 2003

0 Uploads

648 Posts

0 Threads

#5 16 years ago

Remove the background sounds. Battle sounds alone are already quite intense - especially on Karelia and other infantry intense action maps. when you get more than 10 players, it's a wonderfull chaos - background sounds are redundant and not needed.

.:[kFmS]:.Fragger

You've been just ├śwned by me

50 XP

12th August 2003

0 Uploads

162 Posts

0 Threads

#6 16 years ago

i think these sounds are very very good! not the sounds itselves but that there are sounds. they were not there in vanilla maps. these sounds make the atmosphere wich i like so much at FH though its not as good as DoD one's. DoD is still the best mod with the best atmosphere -right now ;)

hasund

I don't spend enough time here

50 XP

29th September 2003

0 Uploads

25 Posts

0 Threads

#7 16 years ago

These athmosphere sounds are confusing, as I'm used to listening for nearby shooting and battle to estimate where enemy soldiers are (in combination with friendly soldiers on minimap).

hatchetman

The Internet ends at GF

50 XP

11th September 2003

0 Uploads

127 Posts

0 Threads

#8 16 years ago

They could just remove some ambient gun sounds, plane sounds etc., but increase the range that you hear player made sounds. This would be especially effective in urban areas where there are lots of people and smaller quarters combat.

[FRK] FROST

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

28th September 2003

0 Uploads

12 Posts

0 Threads

#9 16 years ago

Sheeeesh its the first time i hear someone complaining about a nice game feature (background sound in this case) which increases the atmosphere and intense a lot ...

scion

I post to get attention

50 XP

29th September 2003

0 Uploads

67 Posts

0 Threads

#10 16 years ago

I love the BG sound, its very good. IMHO FH rips up DoD simply due to the fact that there are controllable veichles.

Forgotten Hope > Desert Combat > Vanilla BF > DoD > CStrike > All Else