Korholio

I don't spend enough time here

50 XP

29th September 2003

0 Uploads

20 Posts

0 Threads

#1 16 years ago

Ok, here we go: I´m not sure if this question/suggestion has been asked before, though i didn´t find it in the "suggestions"-section.

I would like to know if it is possible to make a delay to bail out of a plane if it is burning. Because it is really annoying to pump all your ammo into an enemy plane, and you don´t even get the frag for it. Its just an cowardly to jump out of your plane once its near to explode. Besides i thought FH also deals with some realism here and so it should be a neat addition for those burn ´n jump newbies.

BTW: Really nice job you guys did there, though, and for some constructive feedback: -Tank battles are great, expecially the Tiger sounds and looks awesome, but please remove the bugs, such as the Panzer IV bug. -Plane physics are really good, except the FW190 and the Me262 and some other planes are way to manuverable. I really like the way the Lag, or the MiG3 behave, and if you adjust the other planes to their(more speed, less agility) physics it would be perfect. -Finally for some balance, let the Allies have more tanks such as the Sherman or more T34 to compensate the Tigers strengh (busted 5 T34 at once, but a Katuyusha blew me up at last) -Last point: Make the Rifles more inaccurate while running/walking but keep up the one shot one kill system.

Best regards, Korholio

Mike 51

Bush/Cheney 2004 apparently

50 XP

27th September 2003

0 Uploads

526 Posts

0 Threads

#2 16 years ago

I don't know bout the bailing out: it's annoying, but it's like it is in real life. If your planes burning up, you get the hell out of there. If you didn't let people bail out of burning planes, then they'd just bail as the damage mounted up. Or just to base jump. Think about it: the only function of parachutes in planes is to get out if you're in danger. If you take that away, what's the point? I sympathise, but it's how it has to be.

Also, generally you're unlucky if they set fire. Usually, if you hit em right, they just go up right there and then.

[FRK] FROST

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

28th September 2003

0 Uploads

12 Posts

0 Threads

#3 16 years ago

To lose some kills because of the fast jump out is not the only problem. Some people make kamikaze runs on slow tanks with a plane and they have to much time to bail out and to use the parachute before the plane crashes into the tank (and i talk about a very low flying altitude!!!). Thats very annoying and totaly unrealistic too. I mean if you try to jump out a plane from 10 meters flying altitude and you try to open the parachute ... well you will be a grease spot on the ground before you can say the word Parachute :D

Korholio

50 XP

29th September 2003

0 Uploads

20 Posts

0 Threads

#4 16 years ago

Yeah frost, exactly that :D

All right, good, but as i said this mod deals with some realism doesn´t it? My opinion about parachutes is that they should be removed overall. I generally mean pilots in reality don´t bail out from a plane 50ft. above ground, well except for those modern emergency jet seats. I´m just talking about a 2-4 seconds delay before they can jump out, OR jump out at once and the parachute will open a few secondes later, heck, that would an good idea.

But hell, wherewould be the fun about flying? I´d rather die in my burning plane and know that i gave the other bastard a hard fight, than just to bail out and land safely.

[FRK] FROST

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

28th September 2003

0 Uploads

12 Posts

0 Threads

#5 16 years ago
KorholioBut hell, wherewould be the fun about flying? I´d rather die in my burning plane and know that i gave the other bastard a hard fight, than just to bail out and land safely.

Spoken like a true soldier, comrade. I do the same for myself cause i prefer to die in honor and not to jump out like a chicken! muhahaha lol :P

Kumihanska-Franz

50 XP

28th September 2003

0 Uploads

17 Posts

0 Threads

#6 16 years ago

-Rifles are fine now. Rifles really should be the main weapon of infantry, not MGs or SubMGs. Maybe you should still add bit more dmg for SubMGs. -MG34 & -42 are overpowered -DP should be better and different than orginal BF's DP (compare to MG34 or -42) -It's too hard to get in to those boats in Karelia \o/ (but it really takes time when everyone wants to same boat) -Boats spawn too slowly and go too fast in Karelia (you can kill your teammates by going too fast, at least I think so)

Beast of War

Born to kill

50 XP

28th May 2003

0 Uploads

2,698 Posts

0 Threads

#7 16 years ago

The problem i have with chutes is that every class has them and aircraft are abused a lot by players to get to remote flags quick and then ditch (destroy) the aircraft. You can tell imidiatly by the way you see an enemy fly if it is a pilot or a flag capper. If they notice they are fired upon they don't evade but jump. Somehow the flag rushing with aircraft should be stopped, i always hoped their would be a pilot class armed with only a pistol to discourage players that want to use fighters/bombers as mere transports and wreck them in the process. Pilots wouldn't mind only having a pistol, their aircraft is their weapon ! Besides the pistol only is how it was for real and that is what FH is after right ? Flag cappers sure would hate that because they are hindered by their lack of firepower as infantry.

I am sure the modellers, coders and skinners didn't work that hard to give us great as realistic as possible handeling/armed aircraft ony to be flown in a straight line and then wrecked by skilless flag rushers :mad:

[FRK] FROST

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

28th September 2003

0 Uploads

12 Posts

0 Threads

#8 16 years ago

A pilot class is a great idea, but im not sure if its possible because of the 5 class limitation (there is a limitation of different classes available, right?). The only way would be a pilot gear that may be picked up (like the sniper, medic or deployable gun right now in FH). I also dont know if its possible to change programcodes to allow the acces to planes a pilot class only. But the idea itself is a very good one.

Beast of War

Born to kill

50 XP

28th May 2003

0 Uploads

2,698 Posts

0 Threads

#9 16 years ago
'[FRK FROST']A pilot class is a great idea, but im not sure if its possible because of the 5 class limitation (there is a limitation of different classes available, right?). The only way would be a pilot gear that may be picked up (like the sniper, medic or deployable gun right now in FH). I also dont know if its possible to change programcodes to allow the acces to planes a pilot class only. But the idea itself is a very good one.

The only thing that really should be done is remove parachutes from normal soldiers. Them having parachutes is unrealistic anyway.

Place one "pilot" kit with only a pistol and a chute next to every aircraft and flagcappers will think twice before abusing aircraft to cap flags, due to the low firepower they have with the only their pistol. For the C47 and Ju52 only you could have "Paratrooper" kits so they can jump with paratrooper weapons.

This solution means all player classes still can fly, but without a parachute if they don't have a pilot or paratrooper kit. It really would solve a lot of issues seen on this forum !

Mike 51

Bush/Cheney 2004 apparently

50 XP

27th September 2003

0 Uploads

526 Posts

0 Threads

#10 16 years ago

If you took them away from soldiers, what would happen with parachuting from transport planes and things?

Strikes me a pilot class is all too possible, because I don't think FH makes much use of the classes that it has. I mean, Close Quarters, Assault, Support, Engineer, even Anti-Tank, you could easily get rid of one of those. They're all quite similar anyway. I'd suggest Pilot (pistol), Officer (Sten, Tommy Gun, Arty spotter etc), Assault (Rifle, Grenades), Support (heavy MG) and Anti-Tank (Mines, Single-shot bazooka/rifle grenade, Spanner, all Engi kit).

I know that's not perfect, but it strikes me that it's possible. Certainly, and this is the case with most mods, and Vanilla, the AT only has one function and they don't last long once they've fired. Giving them more kit might give them more of a chance, although also make them overpowered mb. But it would free up space for another class.