Formerly Human

PsP Leutnant for WaW Axis

50 XP

22nd November 2003

0 Uploads

383 Posts

0 Threads

#1 14 years ago

Since it is just common knowledge that the Tiger is way too powerful for anything in the current FH, why not come up with a simple solution to balance it out? Make it so that it requires more than one person to operate it. After all, in all accuracy the Tiger needed a crew of five to operate it - so why not have a position that steers the tank, a position that moves the turret, and a position that fires? It would make it so that proper teamwork could exploit the Tiger's advantages and still use the Tiger as a powerful weapon, but it would also make it so that there wouldn't be any noobs taking it to the front and making deadly fools out of themselves. Any comments or further suggestions on this?

Artie Bucco

Guey>Tio(a)

50 XP

27th April 2003

0 Uploads

3,682 Posts

0 Threads

#2 14 years ago

No

Formerly Human

PsP Leutnant for WaW Axis

50 XP

22nd November 2003

0 Uploads

383 Posts

0 Threads

#3 14 years ago

ok.... Thanks for an explanation...

Uncle_Sam

Pass me a Lucky Strike...

50 XP

23rd December 2003

0 Uploads

1,120 Posts

0 Threads

#4 14 years ago

Good idea, but it wont go through for a few reasons. 1: We all know how trying to fire and successfully kill an enemy is from a top the halftrack with the machinegun. Next to impossible because the driver wont sit still. The same would apply for the turret operator if the driver keeps moving, impossible to hit. (think about the wespe, katyusha). They are self-propelled guns of sorts, not meant to be moved and fired, but I'm just using that as an example) 2: If you were to do that to 1 tank, you would have to do that to all of them. Reason: People will complain of the unfairness of how their tank requires too many people and yours requires 1. 3: The Tiger isn't un-beatable folks. You just have to know what to use and where to use it on a Tiger, and Ka-Boom! I like the idea of balancing the Tiger without changing any of its armor/firepower characteristics, but I don't think it will work out. Still a good idea though.

axkgkadragon

GF is my bext friend *hugs GF*

50 XP

16th November 2003

0 Uploads

798 Posts

0 Threads

#5 14 years ago

dude, actually tiger pwned every1 if it wasnt for airsupport the germans might have beaten us back to the atlantic ya know, so dont charge the tiger with a sherman, theres a good reason the germans called them tommy cookers

Uncle_Sam

50 XP

23rd December 2003

0 Uploads

1,120 Posts

0 Threads

#6 14 years ago
axkgkadragondude, actually tiger pwned every1 if it wasnt for airsupport the germans might have beaten us back to the atlantic ya know, so dont charge the tiger with a sherman, theres a good reason the germans called them tommy cookers

Roger that! Tiger doesn't need any changing, its poeples tactics to take it on. (IE throwing nades at it :lol: ) Use a good "hit from behind" punch and you'll get it, just gotta know when/where/what to hit it with.

StrangerThanFiction

I live on Gaming Forums

50 XP

6th October 2003

0 Uploads

1,110 Posts

0 Threads

#7 14 years ago

Old arguments. The Tiger should die fast if it gets flanked close up by anything substantial (like a Sherman or T34). Otherwise, from the front, at distance, it should be nearly unkillable, except by by honkin big AT weapons, heavy artillery, or airpower. Right now it's a little too resistant to damage from the side and rear. People should need good tactics to kill it, but should also need good tactics to use it. But making it require a second operator would be a bad solution.

Uncle_Sam

50 XP

23rd December 2003

0 Uploads

1,120 Posts

0 Threads

#8 14 years ago

I agree. It is a little too strong in the rear I think. None of us can say for sure as we never plugged a bazooka round in ones ass. But I recall in every movie/book/story that a good shot to the round will cause a flame up, resulting in the interior shells going off killing the crew.

SilenT AssassiN

A South African Bohemian

50 XP

9th October 2003

0 Uploads

1,951 Posts

0 Threads

#9 14 years ago

A good amount of people to have is three 1. drive 2. turret they can fire and move 3and a machine gunner by the driver. optional a top machine gunner that would work

striderx2048

DiCE/EA: Ambiguously Gay Duo

50 XP

16th May 2002

0 Uploads

2,073 Posts

0 Threads

#10 14 years ago

give the tiger 10 t34 to fight at once.