Mista-OverKill

I post to get attention

50 XP

3rd October 2003

0 Uploads

68 Posts

0 Threads

#1 15 years ago

IHMO the game still need a lot of ballancing.

I know, all the *realism-fanatics* will start and cry "well the damages are how they really were* but making something *real* or even near that does not mean just giving weapons their real damages but goes beyond that.

One thing that cannot be done in this mod is give each side the *real* weaponry and make sure both sides have equal amount of them. because that is NOT how it was in WW2.

In the invasion of france the german tanks were not as good as the french, yet they won because of better tactics.

Similarly with the latter east and west fronts. To put it in plain english the allies won with numbers. The russians would just throw entire corps onto the field wihtout weapons. They would use what the fallen left.

But this cannot be modeld in FH because you cannot say that the teams have to be ballanced, say, 3:1

So the sides have to be ballanced.

Now IMHO the biggest problem is with the rifles. These suckers are way to powerfull. Now concider the role they were used in. These were standard issue "at least they can defend themselves... theoreticaly" weapons. But as we can currently see (just like in DoD) these weapons, when compared to others are a lot more powerfull. All you need is one hit...anywhere. Reminds me of the old DoD type-a-gameplay. Strafe out shoot => kill strafe back into cover.

But WW2 was not like this. The hardest thing to overcome were the MG positions. The MG42 would mow down hordes of opponents. The only thing that could get them with minimal risk were grenades and snipers.

In FH? Rifle: Strafe out shoot => kill strafe back into cover.

Please FH-Team. !!! --- Tone down the rifles. --- !!!

But still you will also need to ballance the other stuff. Both teams should have equal chances of winning. Without requiring that a sophisticated tactic.

As I sometimes use as an example: "you can see if a weapon in a game needs ballancing... when most of the players use THAT weapon" And when 18 out of 20 players use the rifles, you know there is a ballance problem.

Thanks for listening Keep up the good work. I look forward to the next patches.

Pirate

I don't spend enough time here

50 XP

22nd October 2003

0 Uploads

16 Posts

0 Threads

#2 15 years ago

I think you don't have to worry about balancing too much. I bet ya the FH crew will play their mod so much they will figure out a good balance.

McGibs

FHdev

50 XP

3rd October 2003

0 Uploads

4,064 Posts

0 Threads

#3 15 years ago

mainy with rifles, just the bolt cycling time needs to be slowed down by quite a bit (to somewhere near what it is in normal bf) and they need to be less accurate when standing (not acurate at all when running)

TheSniperHunter

I post to get attention

50 XP

22nd September 2003

0 Uploads

60 Posts

0 Threads

#4 15 years ago

Well rifles easily could kill with one shot the main problem is they are too accuarte especailly while standing. Yes the allies won by numbers and yet on alot of maps they have similar number of tanks. The allies need 2 or 3 Shermans for one tiger.

Ohioan

Not Wise Shitashi - Cheston

50 XP

6th October 2003

0 Uploads

3,604 Posts

0 Threads

#5 15 years ago

Agreed. Bolt cycle time (on the bolt rifles) needs increased, moving accuracy needs decreased and deviation time (time after going prone until your crosshairs center and have perfect accuracy) needs to be increased.

[RIC] Starfires

Slightly cooler than a n00b

50 XP

1st October 2003

0 Uploads

32 Posts

0 Threads

#6 15 years ago
Mista-OverKillThese were standard issue "at least they can defend themselves... theoreticaly" weapons.

You are SORELY misinformed.

The rifleman and his rifle are what win wars. Not the tanks, not the planes, not the ships. The rifleman takes the ground and holds it.

Therefore the rifle is the primary instrument of war for each side. It is an offensive weapon, not a defensive weapon. And certainly not a "at least they can defend themselves... theoreticaly" weapons."

And as for the modeling of the rifle in FH, yes the accuracy while moving needs a little work, but the damage and accuracy while standing still, kneeling or prone is just fine.

Coolguy

神 & FH Godfather

50 XP

27th April 2003

0 Uploads

1,799 Posts

0 Threads

#7 15 years ago

That's right. It's infantry that wins a war. Not tanks, planes, ships or other things. All other things but infantry are 99% of the time too busy fighting eachother.

Infantry is always needed to hold a position, attack & defend,...

mr_Fish

>

50 XP

27th September 2003

0 Uploads

106 Posts

0 Threads

#8 15 years ago

maybe reduced accuracy and/or iron sights would solve this, without that "accuracy crosshair indicator"

[SYN] hydraSlav

SYNERGY Member

50 XP

2nd October 2003

0 Uploads

2,372 Posts

0 Threads

#9 15 years ago

Mista-OverKill The russians would just throw entire corps onto the field wihtout weapons. They would use what the fallen left.[/quote] This could be cool and could be done. Every sodier spawns only with a pistol (and mayb a knive). Then they rush for the crates with the weapons. If you don't get a weapon, you just go with someone that does and either cover him with a pistol, or wait for him to dying to pick up his kit. Of course ... the Tkers..............

[QUOTE=Mista-OverKill] But this cannot be modeld in FH because you cannot say that the teams have to be ballanced, say, 3:1

There is a server setting that allows that.... dunno if it can be a map setting though

ReichwolffTBC

I don't spend enough time here

50 XP

21st October 2003

0 Uploads

24 Posts

0 Threads

#10 15 years ago

You want total realism? Then have tank crews..a loader, driver, gunner and commander, replace your keyboard and mouse with levers, wheels and pedals and with only a 6" x 10" slot to peer through. Have engine rooms in the Battleships or flight crews on the carriers. Have gun crews and MG ammo feeders and...and... well you see my point..realism is great but it's not possible to achieve total realism in a computer game.

Realism is a good thing but only to an extent....balance is key in any FPS. Realism has to come second. I totally agree FH needs to fix many balance issues.