Mista-OverKill

I post to get attention

50 XP

3rd October 2003

0 Uploads

68 Posts

0 Threads

#21 15 years ago

Sorry but if you do not see the ballance problem then you are either blind (doubt that) or a rifle - lover (more likely). The fact is is that in just about ALL circumstances the rifle will own anyone else. Long or short distance, kill probability, spread.

Just imagine if the rifle WAS that good, why need MGs, SMGs. ect? Ya think the axis on DD could have killed as many if they had rifles? How come in WW2 2 men manning a MG could stop 20 men? When in FH your lucky to get 1.

B.F. Pierce

FHmod Mapper

50 XP

27th April 2003

0 Uploads

763 Posts

0 Threads

#22 15 years ago

That means you're having trouble using the machineguns. Not sure why. SMG's are great for close range, one burst to the chest is usually enough. I've seen plenty of people playing MG classes mowing down countless lines of people as they charge across a hill or bridge.

Maybe you just need to learn how to use concealment instead of rushing forward and firing from the hip with them. Or trying to fire on a group of people while you're lying in the middle of a road might be your problem.

I've been beaten tons of times at close range with a rifle by somebody with an SMG. The rifles could stand to be more inaccurate while running and standing, and they are pretty inaccurate while doing this now. You can get lucky of course, but how do you expect that to change?

MkH^

FH tester

50 XP

25th September 2003

0 Uploads

2,286 Posts

0 Threads

#23 15 years ago

Ehm.. Im more of a SMG lover. They are very useful in for example Market Garden, when taking the allied bridgehead. MGs are also very powerful when in skillfull hands and good position. I've had situations where I haven't been able to get past certain point because MG'er was covering it... Got killed like 5 times, even tho I tried to peak around the corner with my rifle and blast him. Every gun is useful IMO, most maps just happen to be based on long to medium ranged combat, when SMG is only useful to like 150 meters. If there were decent close combat maps SMGs would show their teeth, but there really are none. I myself use SMG pretty often, maybe rifle a bit more often, but still love the SMG.

Well, In real life there are factors like the wind, weight of the gun, strenght of the person who's carrying it, stamina.. None of these are in BF. In real life the ground isn't completely flat either and provides cover, unlike in BF. Also makes aiming harder when moving. And last but not least, IN REAL LIFE YOU DON'T SEE ENEMY SOLDIERS NAME 500 METERS AWAY SHINING ABOVE HIS HEAD!

Please admins! Disabled tags would give so much more improved gaming experience! Thats just straight up stupid that every server has them enabled. It really takes out a huge part of the game, for example more useful machineguns, as your camouflage would actually give you some kind of advantage.. Not like now when you possibly can't see the enemy but can see his tag, even behind obstacles! Im begging you!

But I do agree with the point the rifles should be less accurate when moving.

Mista-OverKill

I post to get attention

50 XP

3rd October 2003

0 Uploads

68 Posts

0 Threads

#24 15 years ago
B.F. PierceThat means you're having trouble using the machineguns. Not sure why. SMG's are great for close range, one burst to the chest is usually enough. I've seen plenty of people playing MG classes mowing down countless lines of people as they charge across a hill or bridge.

Agreed, the first group to come over is toast. The next time they try that they will know, or guestimate, where you are and that will be your end.

Maybe you just need to learn how to use concealment instead of rushing forward and firing from the hip with them. Or trying to fire on a group of people while you're lying in the middle of a road might be your problem.

I played a lot of MG in DoD and it was nice. In FH the spread is way to high when fireing to work effectivly.

Besides when I can kill more people at long range with a rifle then a MG it seems a tad bit off.

In my deleated post I had said that just reducing the capabilities of one will not make it better.

If you reduce the power of the rifle it will make the MGs more powerfull, as they should be (imho), it will probably require other steps to ballance the new situation.

BTW: I love the game feeling. On that one russian map with the river (I'm bad with names) I was acutally hiding behind the tank, as an egi, to evade fire. Great!!

It is just the damn "strafe out - kill - strafe in" rifles that piss me off. IMHO that is what made DoD interresting for the CS kiddies and broke its back. I'd hate to see that happen here.

I've been beaten tons of times at close range with a rifle by somebody with an SMG. The rifles could stand to be more inaccurate while running and standing, and they are pretty inaccurate while doing this now. You can get lucky of course, but how do you expect that to change?

I have found it to be less a mater of luck. In any circumstanc the rifle will usually be better then a SMG. If both are moving the Rifle needs just one hit. That + the lesser spread of the rifle makes you kill probability a LOT higher then that of a rifle. For a SMG it tends to be the elements of surprise, CQC and luck that will get you the victory.