m4-io

b0mb it

50 XP

5th August 2003

0 Uploads

43 Posts

0 Threads

#1 16 years ago

Vanilla BF acts quite odd. You can drive with a tank thru barbwire. If you try that even in a modern tank the tracks will be jammed after 10 meters, rendering it virtually useless. Either the damage penalty for driving thru barbwire should be at least 50% of the health of the tank or barbwire should be a blocking object.

Another odd thing is those tiny little wooden fences of 1m in height. For vehicles that's a blocking object. As far as I know ANY tank can drive through that nice little fence. An easy way to solve it would be to draw a triangular shaped transparant object on both sides of the fence, a little ramp, starting at 0m upto 1m in height at 45degree angle or ever less steep. In that case any vehicle can "pass" a fence without looking too odd.

M4

Gnarg!

GF makes me horny

50 XP

27th September 2003

0 Uploads

96 Posts

0 Threads

#2 16 years ago

Yes its alittle wierd when a TREE can stop a tank, hope thye fixx bfs jumping too, u cant jump 10 cm as it is now, but then, its kinda hard to jump with alot of equipment :/

hatchetman

The Internet ends at GF

50 XP

11th September 2003

0 Uploads

127 Posts

0 Threads

#3 16 years ago

One of the reasons tanks were designed back in WWI was to offer a safe and fast way to get across fields of barbed wire. Have you any proof that barbed wire ever stopped a tank? Also, I agree that trees, fences, etc. are annoying blocking objects to tanks, but a ramp over a fence would just look ridiculous.

ZR2man

The Internet ends at GF

50 XP

29th September 2003

0 Uploads

113 Posts

0 Threads

#4 16 years ago

How is wire suppose to stop a multi-ton tanks? A tank can drive through a building with little damage.

Canadian Biatch

I don't spend enough time here

50 XP

17th June 2003

0 Uploads

28 Posts

0 Threads

#5 16 years ago

m4-ioVanilla BF acts quite odd. You can drive with a tank thru barbwire. If you try that even in a modern tank the tracks will be jammed after 10 meters, rendering it virtually useless. Either the damage penalty for driving thru barbwire should be at least 50% of the health of the tank or barbwire should be a blocking object.

M4

Comon dude tanks where made to go trew trenchs and clear a path threw barbwire . God Why else would they make does back in world war 1

Edit:ops Didnt read the 2 post above me :\

m4-io

b0mb it

50 XP

5th August 2003

0 Uploads

43 Posts

0 Threads

#6 16 years ago
ZR2manHow is wire suppose to stop a multi-ton tanks? A tank can drive through a building with little damage.

AFAIK the wires would entangle the tracks, damaging them and eventually even disabling the tank.

I couldn't find anything on the net though so I can't backup it right now. But concertinas are quite strong when they're all around a tank's track.

This site makes a note about barbed wire and tracks:

******** Watching a wheeled or track vehicle drive through barbed or concertina war is fun to watch. It doesn't stop them, but wire usually becomes tangled around the wheels and tracks causing numerous minor problems. ********

As I said, a tank doesn't blow up when driving through barbwire but it should take at least some damage.

M4

hatchetman

The Internet ends at GF

50 XP

11th September 2003

0 Uploads

127 Posts

0 Threads

#7 16 years ago

m4-ioAFAIK the wires would entangle the tracks, damaging them and eventually even disabling the tank.

I couldn't find anything on the net though so I can't backup it right now. But concertinas are quite strong when they're all around a tank's track.

This site makes a note about barbed wire and tracks:

******** Watching a wheeled or track vehicle drive through barbed or concertina war is fun to watch. It doesn't stop them, but wire usually becomes tangled around the wheels and tracks causing numerous minor problems. ********

As I said, a tank doesn't blow up when driving through barbwire but it should take at least some damage.

M4

Even if this fact is true, how does barbed wire tangled in the tread cause damage to the armor of the tank? Tangled treads, if its true, I'm sure did not make it so an enemy tank could destroy it faster (excepting the immobility). But even so, there are no fields of barbed wire anyway, just little fences.

But I still refuse to believe tanks ever had real problems with barbed wire.