Packetloss

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

6th October 2003

0 Uploads

58 Posts

0 Threads

#1 15 years ago

I don't know much about Bastogne but from what I have seen on the Band of Brothers episode, I'd say it'd be a great map for this great mod. And that's all I have to say :)

HeLmUt_KlAmKe

Hell on Muteā„¢

50 XP

29th August 2003

0 Uploads

729 Posts

0 Threads

#2 15 years ago

yeah..i will even try to make a overlook of it with my 1337 paint skills :p

LIGHTNING [NL]

FH2 Developer

50 XP

30th May 2003

0 Uploads

9,811 Posts

0 Threads

#3 15 years ago

You can't make a bastogne map without king tigers, and king tigers are still being worked on...

DHC|Bazza

FH Skinner

50 XP

11th September 2003

0 Uploads

171 Posts

0 Threads

#4 15 years ago

They could always build the terrain in preperation for it.

obliviousnation

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

28th September 2003

0 Uploads

2,424 Posts

0 Threads

#5 15 years ago

or they could convert dan taylors bastogne that map is totaly awesome especialy the little details such as the sign at the town entrance "welcome to bastogne courtesy of the 101st airbourne divsion" the town is perfect for setting up defensive positions for example snipers on the church tower,machine gunners in the smoking rubble,mines and explosives from engineers,bazooka men in huoses waiting to fire through window and not forgetting the good old medic that would not only give health to fellow troops but also acts as an anti infantry man :) recipe for success now all we need is some "sticky bombs" :bows:

Lionsdale

I post to get attention

50 XP

12th September 2003

0 Uploads

64 Posts

0 Threads

#6 15 years ago
Al Caponeor they could convert dan taylors bastogne that map is totaly awesome especialy the little details such as the sign at the town entrance "welcome to bastogne courtesy of the 101st airbourne divsion" the town is perfect for setting up defensive positions for example snipers on the church tower,machine gunners in the smoking rubble,mines and explosives from engineers,bazooka men in huoses waiting to fire through window and not forgetting the good old medic that would not only give health to fellow troops but also acts as an anti infantry man :) recipe for success now all we need is some "sticky bombs" :bows:

The problem with that is thats not realistic! first of all the 10st and 82nd deployed in the ardennes about 6 K away from bastogne so they only real fighting at bastongne was the air raides from the luftwaffe, you need to make a map based in the ardennes forest Both teams dug in and the axis gets a supply of halftracks and tanks and must attempt to flush the allies out

DHC|Bazza

FH Skinner

50 XP

11th September 2003

0 Uploads

171 Posts

0 Threads

#7 15 years ago
LionsdaleThe problem with that is thats not realistic! first of all the 10st and 82nd deployed in the ardennes about 6 K away from bastogne so they only real fighting at bastongne was the air raides from the luftwaffe, you need to make a map based in the ardennes forest Both teams dug in and the axis gets a supply of halftracks and tanks and must attempt to flush the allies out

The map I suppose would be structured in layers. Somewhat similar to Tobruk with several line of defences with the German lines in one forest, then a clearing, the American lines with fox holes, mortars and mgun nests, then another clearing. And finally the edges of bastogne where 105mm howitzers would be located which would serve as AT guns and provide arty fire for the main line of resistance in the woods.

Although the scales wouldn't be right there were reserve lines of resistance behind those in the Ardenne forest.

I think that this mod not only gives the true historical circumstances of the portryed battle but the "what if?" situation, showing how a battle could turn against the historical norm. I mean who would want to join a team if you knew they where destined to lose the round/battle?