zero_zero

I'm sonic the spacehog

50 XP

17th November 2003

0 Uploads

363 Posts

0 Threads

#1 15 years ago

I was thinking to give them the outside view which they have in Desert-combat. Now they are too weak against almost any target, and dont last long in battle. I don't know if there is a way to measure the kills per vehicle but I would really to know how effective they really are in game.

Akula971

Pain is a sensation. Enjoy it

50 XP

9th February 2004

0 Uploads

941 Posts

0 Threads

#2 15 years ago

A jointa day fries your brain. The StugIIIG has an outside view, the position 3 gives you a 360 degree view around the vehicle. To survive in an assault gun you need to adopt different tactics, more of a defensive weapon really, lie in wait in good position for your targets or as Tiger, Panther support. Now if you are refering to mobile artillery, then a 360 degree look around would help identify threats. I've seen many photos of the Wespe with an MG34 attached to the top shield, I'd like to see this adopted. I always choose StugIIIG if I can, and can rack up significant kills in BotB, Breakthrough, Valerisk. Never on Arnhem though.

zero_zero

I'm sonic the spacehog

50 XP

17th November 2003

0 Uploads

363 Posts

0 Threads

#3 15 years ago

If you cant handle it don't try it. The assault-guns get owned all the time and it seriously needs to be improved.

Baron_Von_Goofey

all polar bears r left handed

50 XP

14th November 2003

0 Uploads

54 Posts

0 Threads

#4 15 years ago

they only get owned if you get in too close to infantry without some support.

MkH^

FH tester

50 XP

25th September 2003

0 Uploads

2,286 Posts

0 Threads

#5 15 years ago

You know, the lack of turret was considered a con in real life too..

Akula971

50 XP

9th February 2004

0 Uploads

941 Posts

0 Threads

#6 15 years ago

Yes I agree, but in most assault guns, you could either look around via the cupola or by sticking your head out the hatch. In FH and BF you have to either leave the vehicle or rotate the vehicle, which IS a big disadvantage.

Sputty

Master of Kittens

50 XP

13th January 2004

0 Uploads

927 Posts

0 Threads

#7 15 years ago

StugIIIG is good as a tank destroyer, so keep it in the open. StugIIIAs are attackers designed to take out fortified positions, but if that position has an AT gun you'll need something else to take that out first.

McGibs

FHdev

50 XP

3rd October 2003

0 Uploads

4,064 Posts

0 Threads

#8 15 years ago
Yes I agree, but in most assault guns, you could either look around via the cupola or by sticking your head out the hatch. In FH and BF you have to either leave the vehicle or rotate the vehicle, which IS a big disadvantage.

The stug3g has a coupula, and every other assualt gun has a top mounted 360* mg (exepting the stug3d, but it has a good fov anyways)

Akula971

50 XP

9th February 2004

0 Uploads

941 Posts

0 Threads

#9 15 years ago
McGibsThe stug3g has a coupula, and every other assualt gun has a top mounted 360* mg (exepting the stug3d, but it has a good fov anyways)

Mistake: refering to wespe

McGibs

FHdev

50 XP

3rd October 2003

0 Uploads

4,064 Posts

0 Threads

#10 15 years ago

thats an artillery, not an assualt gun. You shouldnt be taking it into combat anyways.