Doornbosm

Loves To Play Games

50 XP

17th April 2005

0 Uploads

29 Posts

0 Threads

#1 13 years ago

I think they should hav better sinkings like the ship capzies (rolls over) and any one trying to get off would drown. Also the aircraft carriers should slowly rool over when the damage is to great so the people trying to take off they fall off the deck! Also they should be able to land on the ships and take off useing a catapult!:nodding: :tommygun: :KTA:

Arisaka

Staff suffers from PCD

50 XP

16th August 2004

0 Uploads

1,495 Posts

0 Threads

#2 13 years ago

i don't think the engine is very kind to people who attempt that. leave it for now, and let's see what BF2 has to offer when it's out.

Also they should be able to land on the ships and take off useing a catapult!

IIRC there wasn't catapults on the carriers, so this must refer to the battleships. they landed in the water, and was then lifted up again by crane. it's not possible on bf42.

emonkies

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

17th July 2003

0 Uploads

15,096 Posts

0 Threads

#3 13 years ago

Actually US carriers had steam catapults in WW2, so did the Brits. I dont think the Japs did since their planes were much lighter they werent needed as much.

[130pz.]Kading

I take what n0e says way too seriously

50 XP

9th April 2005

0 Uploads

2,794 Posts

0 Threads

#4 13 years ago

ww2 allied carriers did have steam catapults. also, DCX has catapults on the front of their carriers

BDNeon

Da leader of the BadLads gang!

50 XP

8th February 2005

0 Uploads

373 Posts

0 Threads

#5 13 years ago

Ships can capsize to a certain degree if you sink it while it's run aground. It'll tip on the edge, and everyone on deck slides off. I think that it would be nice if all the negative health on all of the vehicles was raised a bit. I think it's set to explode on reaching -15%, from what I've seen playing as engineer. Something like 40 or 50 would be nice. That way, the ships wont suddenly ghost away in the middle of sinking. I would much prefer it if the ships took much longer to sink as well. Is it possible to modify that at all? I loved watching the slow demises of all of my victims while playing Silent Hunter 3:evilgrin: . That way, the carriers would have a chance to evacuate all aircraft during sinking. I think if we cut the descent speed in half, it would be much more realistic. Ships didnt insantaneously plunge like that often.

cc.

2 excited 4 shark week

50 XP

25th May 2004

0 Uploads

3,076 Posts

0 Threads

#6 13 years ago

i remember in coral sea when the jap carrier would be sinking, id always love to jump into a zero and take off of the flooding deck. :) if you increased the sink time and maked the boats sit longer in the water (not hard to do) this could happen much more often, and its wicked fun.

[130pz.]Kading

I take what n0e says way too seriously

50 XP

9th April 2005

0 Uploads

2,794 Posts

0 Threads

#7 13 years ago

actually, the rate of ship sinking was dictated by the damage inflicted. there is a reason that many battleships that were sunk lost all hands aboard (may they rest in peace) some liberty ships were known to sink in a matter of seconds.

BDNeon

Da leader of the BadLads gang!

50 XP

8th February 2005

0 Uploads

373 Posts

0 Threads

#8 13 years ago
Campin' Carli remember in coral sea when the jap carrier would be sinking, id always love to jump into a zero and take off of the flooding deck. :) if you increased the sink time and maked the boats sit longer in the water (not hard to do) this could happen much more often, and its wicked fun.

hehehe, yeah that kind of stuff is quite fun. I remember one time both my pilot and myself (I was gunning) were shot down over the jap carrier. We both made our way to the back, dispatching japs with our pistols the whole time. We then snuck onto the deck and hopped in a Val. I manned the tailgun and mowed down the Japs on the deck. Suddenly, one of our torpedo bombers scored a lucky hit and caused the ship to start sinking. The pilot kicked up the throttle, and we started going down the rapidly sinking deck. I shot down 2 Zeros taking off right behind us as we lifted off. I grinned maniacally as I watched the infantry run around on the bridge firing all their MGs, to no avail:evilgrin: . Increased sink time would make this kind of intense stuff happen a LOT more often. Oh, and just to let you guys know, I can finally play SH3 at home now!!! Huzzah! Aunt and uncle left a DVD drive for me when they visited:D

Doornbosm

Loves To Play Games

50 XP

17th April 2005

0 Uploads

29 Posts

0 Threads

#9 13 years ago

I remember (!@#$ I cant spell :mad: ) When we were flying over a large jap carrier I was flying a b17 well 2 or 3 of my guys diden't have parachutes so as the plane caught fire (slowey) the 1st engine gave away and the plane caught fire! so we bailed out and parachuted down to the deck. as we mowed down the japs with there MGs (like so :KTA: ) But then the japs killed one of my guys so we ran and got in to a jap transport. and flow off while it got hit by torpedos and started sinking so we mowed down the men on the aa guns and flew away. only 4 of 8 of my crew made it.:bawl: Oh well.

cc.

2 excited 4 shark week

50 XP

25th May 2004

0 Uploads

3,076 Posts

0 Threads

#10 13 years ago
BDNeonhehehe, yeah that kind of stuff is quite fun. I remember one time both my pilot and myself (I was gunning) were shot down over the jap carrier. We both made our way to the back, dispatching japs with our pistols the whole time. We then snuck onto the deck and hopped in a Val. I manned the tailgun and mowed down the Japs on the deck. Suddenly, one of our torpedo bombers scored a lucky hit and caused the ship to start sinking. The pilot kicked up the throttle, and we started going down the rapidly sinking deck. I shot down 2 Zeros taking off right behind us as we lifted off. I grinned maniacally as I watched the infantry run around on the bridge firing all their MGs, to no avail:evilgrin: . Increased sink time would make this kind of intense stuff happen a LOT more often. Oh, and just to let you guys know, I can finally play SH3 at home now!!! Huzzah! Aunt and uncle left a DVD drive for me when they visited:D

:eek: wow i wish i could have such a cool experience!