PanzerAce

Some Guy...

50 XP

11th January 2004

0 Uploads

736 Posts

0 Threads

#1 14 years ago

Even though i agree with FH's desicion to remove the sniper as a spawnable class, i think they could have dont it better. i atleast am annoyed when i grab an artillery piece and NO ONE has binocs. i think that there should be atleast one class that you can spawn as on every map with binocs. I think Binocs should be added to the support class loadout, since they are supposed to sort of hang back and supress enemy movement. i dont have a problem with the snipers, i just wish they would give another class binocs basically.

Snorelax

Fat, Lazy, Misspelled Pokemon

50 XP

13th February 2004

0 Uploads

41 Posts

0 Threads

#2 14 years ago

Officer gets binoculars and that's a spawnable kit. There isn't an officer class on every map with artillery, but such is things.

PanzerAce

Some Guy...

50 XP

11th January 2004

0 Uploads

736 Posts

0 Threads

#3 14 years ago

i know that there is officer class with binocs, but its bad on maps with out officers cause who ever get a sniper kit isnt going to be using binocs, they are going to be sniping.

RandomChurch

Reaching out and touching you

50 XP

23rd September 2003

0 Uploads

145 Posts

0 Threads

#4 14 years ago

I snipe a lot. And it's very rare someone requests a spotter. When they do, I'm happy to oblige if I'm in a position to do so.

In any case, expect to see an increase in the number of snipers in .6. At least I think there will be. The Sniper rifles have been fixed and such, so it should be better. As far as getting them to listen to you... well that's a matter of people just being dicks and playing for their own score and not the team.

McGibs

FHdev

50 XP

3rd October 2003

0 Uploads

4,064 Posts

0 Threads

#5 14 years ago

officers seem much more common in .6 especially for germany (they like theyr artillery)

yuiop

Snowden's Secret

50 XP

23rd May 2003

0 Uploads

3,752 Posts

0 Threads

#6 14 years ago

What about adding a recon class or spawnable kit with a submachine gun, grenades, and binoculars? Except, does anyone know if recon was used to call in artillery?

Calvin

forum lurker extraordinaire

50 XP

18th November 2003

0 Uploads

54 Posts

0 Threads

#7 14 years ago

For the kit with the binoculars, can an officer's peaked cap be added for the Germans similar to the pilot kit that replaces the headgear? Russian officers get a cap with a ppsh or something and the anglo-americans allies get a helmet with different marking. Would like to see this in later versions even though it's a small detail but it adds to the atmosphere.