marine84

The Internet ends at GF

50 XP

18th November 2003

0 Uploads

97 Posts

0 Threads

#1 15 years ago

I love the new Pacific Maps in FH, especially Wake Island and I was thinking that the battle for Tarawa would make an exceptionally good battle. I realize that they have that battle in the maps section, but it looks very plain. I stumbled across a picture that gives a very good layout of the island. http://www.rickard.karoo.net/Maps/Tarawa1.gif

After reading about the battle I found that Japan had tanks on the island, along with one biplane converted into a bomber, and the U.S. successfully got there Shermans to shore after a day on the island. I hope the Devs have considered this map for future battlefields.

Nimitz

channel 44

50 XP

17th March 2004

0 Uploads

7 Posts

0 Threads

#2 15 years ago

Dude i feel the same way about the pacific maps they are awesome. Thats a good idea. Im thinkin they need more maps from pacific instead of all these russian maps.the present maps are good though. Wake kicks ass. Do u feel the same way?

Dime_a_Dozen

FH Dev Team Member

50 XP

1st January 2003

0 Uploads

324 Posts

0 Threads

#3 15 years ago

Tarawa? Where's that? Oh wait! It's on my desktop, 50% completed! :naughty: Thanks for the interest fellas.

AntonioBora

GF makes me horny

50 XP

23rd February 2004

0 Uploads

108 Posts

0 Threads

#4 15 years ago
Dime_a_DozenTarawa? Where's that? Oh wait! It's on my desktop, 50% completed! :naughty: Thanks for the interest fellas.

And when you say Tarawa you mean Betio. Don't forget to add the reefs so that only amtracks can succesfully get to the beach. Wonder how your gonna succesfully represent all those Amtracks getting blown to hell? Hmm, 75mm aa? I hope you basically force the marines to use their higgins boats, get stuck on the reef and have them wade onto the beach. Oooo...my lmg would have some fun then. Just some stuff from my WWII class. First wave of Marines went in on amtracks, but as the amtracks pulled away to get more, many were blown up by the Japanese. So, the next wave used higgins boats, got caught on the reefs, and of course had to wade to shore. Out of the 5000 initial marines, only about 1500 made it on the beach. 4500 SNLF Japanese (Imperial Marines) under the command of Shibasuki. He had 25 8' inch guns, 14 tanks, numerous pillboxes, tank ditches, etc, etc. An interesting battle in the war, a very easy case to show the US Marines were just as "Fanatical" as the Japanese.

AntonioBora

GF makes me horny

50 XP

23rd February 2004

0 Uploads

108 Posts

0 Threads

#5 15 years ago
marine84I love the new Pacific Maps in FH, especially Wake Island and I was thinking that the battle for Tarawa would make an exceptionally good battle. I realize that they have that battle in the maps section, but it looks very plain. I stumbled across a picture that gives a very good layout of the island. http://www.rickard.karoo.net/Maps/Tarawa1.gif After reading about the battle I found that Japan had tanks on the island, along with one biplane converted into a bomber, and the U.S. successfully got there Shermans to shore after a day on the island. I hope the Devs have considered this map for future battlefields.

That is a pretty cool picture, also check out this map which my WWII class uses. It shows the progression of the battle pretty well. It also shows the battle of makin. http://www.dean.usma.edu/history/web03/atlases/ww2%20pacific/ww2%20pacific%20%20pages/ww2%20pacific%20map%2023.htm

Shade_PW

GF is my bext friend *hugs GF*

50 XP

6th October 2003

0 Uploads

761 Posts

0 Threads

#6 15 years ago
Dime_a_DozenTarawa? Where's that? Oh wait! It's on my desktop, 50% completed! :naughty: Thanks for the interest fellas.

Sweeeet! :cheers:

marine84

The Internet ends at GF

50 XP

18th November 2003

0 Uploads

97 Posts

0 Threads

#7 15 years ago

dime a dozen is a Dev, so are you saying that you have the map made already

McGibs

FHdev

50 XP

3rd October 2003

0 Uploads

4,064 Posts

0 Threads

#8 15 years ago

Is it just me, or do all islands in the pacific look the same? :p

Kämpfer

I take what n0e says way too seriously

50 XP

27th April 2003

0 Uploads

2,394 Posts

0 Threads

#9 15 years ago
marine84dime a dozen is a Dev, so are you saying that you have the map made already

50% made, yes.

I didn't make it!

0 XP

#10 11 years ago

I just installed myself MOHAP, and i have a huge problem ... i cant use my weapon, i can´t even load my weapon ... what should i dooo ??? does anybody know a solution to this problem ???? Thanks.