I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

2nd October 2003

0 Uploads

1,258 Posts

0 Threads

#11 15 years ago

Aussies!!!!

With the b-17 map, have one or two people controlling batteries of flak 88's, like big batteries. I'd personally like to see a Dunkirk map.

Swe_Flying_Frog

The Frogs Will Invade By Air

50 XP

2nd October 2003

0 Uploads

324 Posts

0 Threads

#12 15 years ago

Very nice idea.. Large B-17 flying over the city , just like in the Vanilla BF intro movie :)

CooL™

Your mommy thinks I'm cute. =D

50 XP

13th March 2004

0 Uploads

224 Posts

0 Threads

#13 15 years ago

*bump*

Jagd

{TDB}MajGen.Jagd AA

50 XP

16th March 2004

0 Uploads

720 Posts

0 Threads

#14 15 years ago

Yes there definitely needs to be some more aerial combat maps! What has always bugged me is that nobody has found the right "formula" (if you will) that made for a balanced dogfighting map like Coral Sea. Well I guess the formula there was simply to balance all the firepower piece for piece, but BoB doesn't even come close to the popularity of Coral Sea... Maybe some day!

Admiral Donutz VIP Member

Wanna go Double Dutch?

735,271 XP

9th December 2003

0 Uploads

71,460 Posts

0 Threads

#15 15 years ago

Why "bomb the french city" map? Would't be a map where you the allies would have to bomb the german industrial fuell area (I cant remember its name at the moment but it was a very big industrial area where the germans made fuell), to give the germans a hard blow. Nice idea though.

CooL™

Your mommy thinks I'm cute. =D

50 XP

13th March 2004

0 Uploads

224 Posts

0 Threads

#16 15 years ago
Großadmiral DönitzWhy "bomb the french city" map? Would't be a map where you the allies would have to bomb the german industrial fuell area (I cant remember its name at the moment but it was a very big industrial area where the germans made fuell), to give the germans a hard blow. Nice idea though.

Well, his idea was to bomb French cities held by the Germans, cuz if ur gonna bomb Germany it would seem more unrealistic since Germany is obviously farther from the British Isles than France.

Big {Daddy}

Get in!

50 XP

2nd October 2003

0 Uploads

1,708 Posts

0 Threads

#17 15 years ago
Großadmiral DönitzWhy "bomb the french city" map? Would't be a map where you the allies would have to bomb the german industrial fuell area (I cant remember its name at the moment but it was a very big industrial area where the germans made fuell), to give the germans a hard blow. Nice idea though.

Do you mean Ploesti in Romania? The Allies tried to bomb the refinerys there several times. Mostly they were on the end of a severe ass kicking, but they did shut it down in the end. I reckon some Ruhr Valley bombing would be best.

btw I don't think the allies were in the habit of bombing their friends (the French city)

Gamthen

I rax0r you all!

50 XP

10th May 2003

0 Uploads

586 Posts

0 Threads

#18 15 years ago

You're all forgetting one thing needed for this map:

A working Bombsight!

The map would lag too, high-flying bombers, a city, no fog (needed for high altitude bombing, duh) and a bunch of FLAK. You'd need to beef up the bomb explosions too. For everything you put in game you need it working, bug free and exploit free. Keep that in mind.

Just the bombsight would be a coding nightmare! In addition to that, you'd have to model a new factory/oil yards/whatever unless you want to use the stock stuff. This could be a possibility in .8 or .9, as by then most bugs would be gone and it would be in the new content needed stage.

p.s. I was the one who suggested it a year ago... bwahahahaha

Jagd

{TDB}MajGen.Jagd AA

50 XP

16th March 2004

0 Uploads

720 Posts

0 Threads

#19 15 years ago

You don't need bombsights. You need to practice bombing. ;)