Lord Nova

Hamster of War

50 XP

28th April 2003

0 Uploads

204 Posts

0 Threads

#1 16 years ago

Its not hard. Just set the object as destroyable. Similar to how you make the defgun a destroyable object.

This would definatlly be more realistic in the sense that in Market Garden, theres always one weasel in the building, however if i could shell that building and knock it down then i wouldn't have to worry about him taking out my tank.

Of course the stationary objects could always respawn.

[EW]Arkel

|SSS|Arkel

50 XP

19th March 2003

0 Uploads

95 Posts

0 Threads

#2 16 years ago

Kinda like in red Faction, i remember playing that game, it wasn't that good, but the destroyable part was pretty cool, you could make huge tunnels into the walls, or destroy the pillars in buildings, wall weren't that save to hide behind.

Lord Nova

Hamster of War

50 XP

28th April 2003

0 Uploads

204 Posts

0 Threads

#3 16 years ago

I Doubt they can get as flexible as the Geo Mod used in red faction. It would just be normal objects that are flagged as destroyable. Similar to how exploding barrels are in any game (which would be nice to have it so you can blow up the gas tanks all over the maps ingame).

Malsa

FH developer

50 XP

28th April 2003

0 Uploads

252 Posts

0 Threads

#4 16 years ago

I don't think it can be neither hard or laggy. It's very simple to do it and it shouldn't get anymore laggy than a vehicle of any kind.

First off you do the building and then the wrecked building. Then you do those weak points of a building so that if you for example fire on a corner it won't take damage. You could for example make that only one wall is destroyable and to make it look more realistic you should have to shoot tha wall for it to break, so only if you shoot the wall the building takes damage. And then you get the wreck model which is the same bulding but with a big hole in the wall. Then you just set the "timetolive"-timer to unlimited or something like that.

Easier than doing a vehicle.

BAM

I pretend I'm cooler than AzH

50 XP

27th April 2003

0 Uploads

3,415 Posts

0 Threads

#5 16 years ago

Originally posted by Malsa I don't think it can be neither hard or laggy. It's very simple to do it and it shouldn't get anymore laggy than a vehicle of any kind. First off you do the building and then the wrecked building. Then you do those weak points of a building so that if you for example fire on a corner it won't take damage. You could for example make that only one wall is destroyable and to make it look more realistic you should have to shoot tha wall for it to break, so only if you shoot the wall the building takes damage. And then you get the wreck model which is the same bulding but with a big hole in the wall. Then you just set the "timetolive"-timer to unlimited or something like that. Easier than doing a vehicle.

why dont just make buildings with holes in them and then fill the holes with destroyeable objects ?

Malsa

FH developer

50 XP

28th April 2003

0 Uploads

252 Posts

0 Threads

#6 16 years ago

BAM, you are smart, but not that smart ;)

Because if you fill them with objects you will see that this is the building and this is the object. But then one thing with my idea that might not work is when you stand on for example the second floor you might fall when the building changes to its wreck model. But I don't know, you'll have to try that ingame.