SilenT AssassiN

A South African Bohemian

50 XP

9th October 2003

0 Uploads

1,951 Posts

0 Threads

#11 17 years ago
Uncle_SamYea, I ran into some problems with grades in school as well as I f-ed my BF up. However, good news, Im aloud back on whenever and BF is ready to roll. I'm just waiting for .6 to get FH back because I dont want to download those 4 files and then .6 be out the next day, since thats how it usaully works, lol. I'll see you guys in there soon, damn I miss it...

Bad grades tisk tisk:deal::smack:

Uncle_Sam

Pass me a Lucky Strike...

50 XP

23rd December 2003

0 Uploads

1,120 Posts

0 Threads

#12 17 years ago

:type: <==Too much time doing that not enough time studying...:uhoh:

pheeph

A Lagomorphic Over-achiever

50 XP

16th March 2003

0 Uploads

298 Posts

0 Threads

#13 17 years ago

that omaha map looks just like the one from medal of honor.

Splinter(nl)

The forums staffers think I'm Cool

50 XP

8th October 2003

0 Uploads

138 Posts

0 Threads

#14 17 years ago
pheephthat omaha map looks just like the one from medal of honor.

no, it look's better

cat3

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

17th December 2003

0 Uploads

264 Posts

0 Threads

#15 17 years ago
Splinter(nl)no, it look's better

No it doesn't.

B.F. Pierce

FHmod Mapper

50 XP

27th April 2003

0 Uploads

763 Posts

0 Threads

#16 17 years ago

lol who brought the intelligent conversation in here?

Doesn't matter anyways, i've never played Medal of Honor so the only reason it would look similar is due to a similar muse. :P

cat3

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

17th December 2003

0 Uploads

264 Posts

0 Threads

#17 17 years ago
B.F. PierceDoesn't matter anyways, i've never played Medal of Honor so the only reason it would look similar is due to a similar muse. :P

Well, I would think they'd look similar because they're both based on the actual location.

The reason I say the Medal of Honor map looks better is because the Battlefield engine is not kind to maps with a lot of open space and long sightlines. Don't misunderstand me; this map looks very, very good, but the engine is keeping it from being as impressive as it could be.

B.F. Pierce

FHmod Mapper

50 XP

27th April 2003

0 Uploads

763 Posts

0 Threads

#18 17 years ago

well also keep in mind those shots are about a month and a half old, maybe tonight i'll drop you guys the newer texture...maybe ;)

Mazz

BFE-WAW

50 XP

15th November 2003

0 Uploads

1,245 Posts

0 Threads

#19 17 years ago

"The main British objective at Gold beach was to reach the town of Bayeux, 10km (six miles) south west of the landing area. The force that landed at Gold was also to link up with the Juno beach force to the east; meanwhile 47th Commando would land at Port-en-Bessin, about 8km (five miles) west, capture the town and link up with US forces from Omaha."

From Quazi on the main page, that map is of Gold beach. And was the fighting here lighter then Omaha becasue thats what i heard but ill wait for a diff answer.

Uncle_Sam

Pass me a Lucky Strike...

50 XP

23rd December 2003

0 Uploads

1,120 Posts

0 Threads

#20 17 years ago

Omaha involved the worst fighting of all the Beaches, the rest were of course no walk in the park though. When most of the other beach-landing forces has secured or began to secure their objectives, the boys on Omaha were still trying to get out of the water. I talked to a 29th Infantry Division (omaha beach) vet recently, and he said Saving Private Ryan pretty much did the actual landings justice. So wow I can't even imagine how that must have been in 1st person.