SilenT AssassiN

A South African Bohemian

50 XP

9th October 2003

0 Uploads

1,951 Posts

0 Threads

#11 16 years ago

cavana60Okay, some of the guns have an expanding cursor and some have the fancy new stationary one. What I'm suggesting is that all the rifles' cursor be replaced with an open circle with no dot in the centre. This would be a fairly large circle so that figuring out the centre point would be difficult. Then the guns could have a set accuracy, or a hidden changing one.

This would make it nearly imposible for a guy to shoot someone at a somewhat long distance, and imposible at long range. This is the effect I'm going for. Then when a person right clicks to zoom in, an iron sight would come up (somewhat like "America's Army"), and the iron sight would bounce around slightly. This wouldn't really do anything other than asthetics, and mabye for some shooting skill.

So, what I'm suggesting is making the rifles rectical be turned to a large open circle, or greatly spaced rectical. This would make rifle users require to go into an iron sight view that wobbles around slightly, simulating breathing. This, in the end, would slow fights slightly and slightly increase skill needed without much frustration.

Anyone's input on how to make the idea better? Does anyone like it, if so, say so, just reading isn't what gets idea's to developers :p

yes but you try to stay still when you aim,you breathout hod then shoot. Plus rifles are suppose to be long range , i like the idea of a iron sight though. If you have every shot any wwII rifle you will know what i mean. For me, a mauser.---------------------------

------Silent Assassin-------

Pirate

I don't spend enough time here

50 XP

22nd October 2003

0 Uploads

16 Posts

0 Threads

#12 16 years ago

You should have about 2 seconds of aim without the wobbly breathing simulation. After that you'd have to breath in again and the breathing-wobble starts.

It's like this: 1- Normal situation, unaimed, breathing, no accurate shot on long distance possible 2- You see a long distance target, you are ready to aim 3- Pull up the rifle to your chin, look through the iron sights and breath out, now you have about 2 seconds to make a clear, unwobbly shot. 4- after about 2 seconds your gun starts to wobble because of the fact you have to start breathing again.

I said about 2 seconds, I don't know what is really possible, maybe 5 seconds. I think Silent Assassin can tell us more about that.