The Warlock

Slightly cooler than a n00b

50 XP

7th March 2004

0 Uploads

31 Posts

0 Threads

#1 15 years ago

The Crocodile was a very successful flamerthrower tank. Unlike the original flame tanks, the Crocodile did not lose it's main arnament and could also engage armoured targets. The flame fuel was carried in a trailor pulled by the tank, and this could be detached by the crew at will if deemed neccassary. The flamethrower itself replaced the hull machine gun. (this is just a picture of a model, not the real thing) Churchill%20Crocodile_Melvin.jpg We should have a few of these in some of the later British maps to replace some other tanks. They would toast through infantry better than normal tanks, and Britain needs a couple good vehicles. You could leave the trailor out or show it with the newly developed towed arty-based code. It might even be possible to have the trailer be a weak spot and explode violently if shot, or to make altfire for the seat 2 flamethrower detach the trailor and disable the flame thrower.

emonkies

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

17th July 2003

0 Uploads

15,096 Posts

0 Threads

#2 15 years ago

There is no Crocodille because as of this momnet the BF engine cant do a good flame thrower without bring ing eve a god 3d card to its knees.

Blistex

Been here longer than you!

50 XP

21st May 2003

0 Uploads

480 Posts

0 Threads

#3 15 years ago

BF1942 + Flame = Ugly/Super Lag

Have a heart for those people that don't have 9800's and the like.

Swe_Flying_Frog

The Frogs Will Invade By Air

50 XP

2nd October 2003

0 Uploads

324 Posts

0 Threads

#4 15 years ago

The molotovs and the infantry carrying a flamethrower is enough fire for me. as Blistex said it would cause even more lag and my computer lags like hell as it is now :D

ManiK

Dance the dance of life!

50 XP

10th November 2003

0 Uploads

2,134 Posts

0 Threads

#5 15 years ago

BF1942 + Flame = Ugly/Super Lag

Have a heart for those people that don't have 9800's and the like.

*sniff* Oh soembody DOES care! *sniff*

Dee-Jaý

Always 1 point ahead of you

50 XP

17th February 2004

0 Uploads

1,694 Posts

0 Threads

#6 15 years ago

Maybe we can have some decent flame effects once FH switches to BF: Vietnam (*high hopes when he looks at Napalm)...