General Taskeen

FH Betatester

50 XP

24th November 2002

0 Uploads

659 Posts

0 Threads

#1 14 years ago

I noticed that the new DC .6 has added "Cloud FX." This would pretty cool for FH, especially with air combat. Anything to get rid of the constant fog sky everywhere would be nice.

Valdez

Dread pwns me!

50 XP

23rd November 2003

0 Uploads

456 Posts

0 Threads

#2 14 years ago

yeah I agree, playing games with clouds add a lot more real feel to them, that FH could use. nothing seems better then hiding in a cloud and pouncing on your target from above.

GuRu10

I want to be like the Admins

50 XP

6th October 2003

0 Uploads

226 Posts

0 Threads

#3 14 years ago

NAMETAGS! :uhm:

Valdez

Dread pwns me!

50 XP

23rd November 2003

0 Uploads

456 Posts

0 Threads

#4 14 years ago

yes, I know, but if you don't have the target in your sights... if you don't know they are there.... I can hide and not be seen in bushes the name tag is not always a certian thing. You have to be looking hard for a target to use name tags, not browsing the area for a target.

[SYN] hydraSlav

SYNERGY Member

50 XP

2nd October 2003

0 Uploads

2,372 Posts

0 Threads

#5 14 years ago

You can't see nametags when a plane is just about to dive bomb you. And with proper server settings, it's really rare to see enemy plane nametags too, even when chasing it in another plane. The CloudFX was released in the "No Fly Zone" map even prior to this new DC patch. I love the way it "separates" the ground level from the sky level... The best part is the "NightFX". They somehow reversed the shadow's of the refractor engine. So now, during a night map, everything is in dark shadow (not like other maps from other mods, like EoD, where it's just the skybox color that is different with reduced visibility, but you still get colored skins on the soldiers). I was playing Braggs map and i could not see anything! I could see the tank moving on my radar, but when i would come out of the sky, i could not even spot it on the ground, cause it was dark! Literally dark! And this effect is also "dynamic". Look at the way the soldier's uniform goes from "lit" to "dark" in the Bashrah Night map

emonkies

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

17th July 2003

0 Uploads

15,096 Posts

0 Threads

#6 14 years ago

I thought I saw someone post that said the louds are models that have to be put in game.

I would like to see clouds in FH but I know that consumes resources that could go to more vehicles or static objects on the map. Mappers would just have to achieve a balance

[TC|N00bey

GF makes me horny

50 XP

25th May 2003

0 Uploads

67 Posts

0 Threads

#7 14 years ago

I can't see why FH shouldn't have clouds really. There's no slowdown in DC with all planes and whatnot in the sky.

Judging by the time it takes for the FH team to release new versions they might aswell start working on the clouds too. They would be a lot more useful in FH as people aren't flying around in >mach1 planes.

Kingrudolf

Fan FH Mapper

50 XP

9th October 2003

0 Uploads

1,345 Posts

0 Threads

#8 14 years ago

Hey, I've seen those sky clouds in the "No fly zone" map! It looks marvellous I tell ya! It would be a great addition to the mod. Now you can set the view distance high for vehicles, and hide/prevent sight from/for planes at one time.

Kämpfer

I take what n0e says way too seriously

50 XP

27th April 2003

0 Uploads

2,394 Posts

0 Threads

#9 14 years ago

Clouds do not lag in DC and they shouldn't lag since they are a very simple and have no meshes.

el bandito

Captain of jelly

50 XP

28th October 2003

0 Uploads

377 Posts

0 Threads

#10 14 years ago

Clouds would be sweet, and with the server set to no nametags, it'll make the Stuka a fearsome fearsome thing.

/me drives tank across desert /me hears stuka siren /me looks around. nothing but clouds /me dies in a glorious explosion

The other things that I noticed in DC 0.6; new explosion anims. Very nice. They've given the explosions substance! And the night map; Bragg. Very cool. I love how they've done it, especiall now that it's lighter inside the buidlings than outside in the open! Tankers can now see sneaky ATers in the buildings. That and the shot from the tanks; flies out making a bright trail. Very cool!