[101]CSM. Neal

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

6th October 2003

0 Uploads

3 Posts

0 Threads

#1 16 years ago

Since there are no Forgotton Hope leages or ladders yet and since what I am seeing is that most people are gonna play this more than bf1942 when it gets better since its more realistic and well made it will get more players and WILL need a league. So if anyone would like to help create a league for Forgotton Hope please post.

[101-HQ]COL._Duvall

Colonel Duvall; 101st Airborne

50 XP

2nd October 2003

0 Uploads

22 Posts

0 Threads

#2 16 years ago

I have an idea. Any of you that have played in the Day of Defeat league, "European Theatre of Operations" know where I am coming from. Before a season starts, there is a sign up for each side, allied and axis, during the league, the people who signed up stay on those sides, and fight in matches on those sides for the remainder of the league. You would cut the continent of Europe into grids/coordinates, and the axis and allies would fight for that land. Originally, all of Europe will be in Germany's hands. Russia and the allies will be in their respective countries of attack, Russia, and Britain. Each grid of land would be assigned a map in Forgotten Hope, and if say, the Allied 2nd Ranger Battalion attack the 1st Panzer Lehr division at Grid 22 (say it's assigned Omaha beach,) the two teams would fight the best of three rounds, or a set number of tickets for a large round, the winner of that map would take the grid. Who ever loses has 24 hours to issue a counter attack, if they lose, they are pushed back to their spawn grid (say in this case, Berlin for the germans, and Camp Eagle, Britain for the Allies.)

I'll post more later.

-Rules- - No cheating. - No unsportsmanlike conduct - No switching sides in the middle of a campaign - If you lose a match, you MUST report it, or you will be punished for it. - Each squad has 24 hours to counter-attack after a loss, this is optional. - The losing squad falls back to their team spawn, if the team wins the counter-attack, the either take the point, or hold the point, attacking side being the beginning, defense being the latter.

-------------

Alright, more to come later.

[101-HQ]COL._Duvall

50 XP

2nd October 2003

0 Uploads

22 Posts

0 Threads

#3 16 years ago

Anyone have any comments?

[UGB]Brewster

GF makes me horny

50 XP

26th September 2003

0 Uploads

99 Posts

0 Threads

#4 16 years ago

Sounds a bit complicated :D why not just have a simple league :D

[101]CSM. Neal

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

6th October 2003

0 Uploads

3 Posts

0 Threads

#5 16 years ago

A Ranking type of league? Like TWL? Sure why not.

[101-HQ]COL._Duvall

50 XP

2nd October 2003

0 Uploads

22 Posts

0 Threads

#6 16 years ago

Meh, if you guys want a ranking league like TWL, I won't work on one, we'll just wait for one of the larger league companies to come around and start up one.

[UGB]Brewster

GF makes me horny

50 XP

26th September 2003

0 Uploads

99 Posts

0 Threads

#7 16 years ago

How would we get CB to start up an FH league?

OSMGuderian

I don't spend enough time here

50 XP

30th September 2003

0 Uploads

18 Posts

0 Threads

#8 16 years ago

'[101-HQCOL._Duvall']I have an idea. Any of you that have played in the Day of Defeat league, "European Theatre of Operations" know where I am coming from. Before a season starts, there is a sign up for each side, allied and axis, during the league, the people who signed up stay on those sides, and fight in matches on those sides for the remainder of the league. You would cut the continent of Europe into grids/coordinates, and the axis and allies would fight for that land. Originally, all of Europe will be in Germany's hands. Russia and the allies will be in their respective countries of attack, Russia, and Britain. Each grid of land would be assigned a map in Forgotten Hope, and if say, the Allied 2nd Ranger Battalion attack the 1st Panzer Lehr division at Grid 22 (say it's assigned Omaha beach,) the two teams would fight the best of three rounds, or a set number of tickets for a large round, the winner of that map would take the grid. Who ever loses has 24 hours to issue a counter attack, if they lose, they are pushed back to their spawn grid (say in this case, Berlin for the germans, and Camp Eagle, Britain for the Allies.)

I'll post more later.

-Rules- - No cheating. - No unsportsmanlike conduct - No switching sides in the middle of a campaign - If you lose a match, you MUST report it, or you will be punished for it. - Each squad has 24 hours to counter-attack after a loss, this is optional. - The losing squad falls back to their team spawn, if the team wins the counter-attack, the either take the point, or hold the point, attacking side being the beginning, defense being the latter.

-------------

Alright, more to come later.

I like the idea....I currently play something similar on www.battleforeurope.com same concept except without a counter-attack. I'd certainly be interested in arranging a league. Who do we take our plea to?

[101-HQ]COL._Duvall

50 XP

2nd October 2003

0 Uploads

22 Posts

0 Threads

#9 16 years ago

Yes, BFE is like that, but sort of different, I've faught in both ETO and BFE, ETO is more enjoyable, as it is accual squad vs squad action, not army group vs army group. Where do you take your plea to? Unsure, we'd have to find a league corporation willing to put time into this league.

bmargb

BF 1936 TEAM

50 XP

31st August 2003

0 Uploads

340 Posts

0 Threads

#10 16 years ago
'[101-HQCOL._Duvall']Yes, BFE is like that, but sort of different, I've faught in both ETO and BFE, ETO is more enjoyable, as it is accual squad vs squad action, not army group vs army group. Where do you take your plea to? Unsure, we'd have to find a league corporation willing to put time into this league.

I prefer a strategical tournament (two sides, divided by armies, an all)

That fight in a map like Stratego. That will be the best. But someone have to make it :P Only need to thinks a web an a server to play in it.

But you have to wait until 0.6 at least to have more stuff to play in it.