Loff

I art god.

50 XP

16th December 2003

0 Uploads

238 Posts

0 Threads

#1 15 years ago

I dont know if im the first to say this, probably not, but wouldnt it be cool if the bodies stayed alot longer? One could walk into a deserted house to find 20 bodies from a skirmish 8 minutes earlier. Dead tanks and tank crews spewed accross the battlefield with bunkers massed with half burned bodies. Parachutes blowing in the wind attached to corpses, while the rest fight on. I think it would make it very realistic. Also....if the tickets were the actual amount of soldiers that fought in that battle. So if in reality in el alamein (i don't know the numbers at all so im going to guess horribly) there were 20k brits, and 20k germans, should the tickets convey that? BTW...the bodies would dissapear after a while...wouldnt want to kill the lower end machines....

McGibs

FHdev

50 XP

3rd October 2003

0 Uploads

4,064 Posts

0 Threads

#2 15 years ago

Hell I want it as much as the next guy, would make for some very graphic looking battles. But i remember a dev telling us that they already tried it, and it absolutly killed the preformance. Even on high end machines. It's just too many polies to render for a long amount of time I guess.

Idealy, I would suggest that the corpse stays as long as the player is respawning (as long as the respawn clock). That way, theres always the same amount of player models in the game at any given time. I wouldnt think it should effect preformance very much, as theyr all being rendered (and animated) anyways.

Kämpfer

I take what n0e says way too seriously

50 XP

27th April 2003

0 Uploads

2,394 Posts

0 Threads

#3 15 years ago

I think it would be great to have corpses stay a little bit longer, but with how bad FH plays already...

Formerly Human

PsP Leutnant for WaW Axis

50 XP

22nd November 2003

0 Uploads

383 Posts

0 Threads

#4 15 years ago

I think if the bodies just stay long enough to see the expression on their dead face... hehe

emonkies

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

17th July 2003

0 Uploads

15,096 Posts

0 Threads

#5 15 years ago

I agree thatr keeping the bodies around would eat up alot of framerates. And a parachute billowing in the wind would consume a sizeable chunk itself.

Would be great if we all had 3GHz machines with a Radeon 9800 but unfortunately even I dont have that luxury yet.

the Darkness VIP Member

Advanced Member

50 XP

20th October 2002

0 Uploads

1,333 Posts

0 Threads

#6 15 years ago

There was a minimod that left the bodies on the field for vanilla BF. It killed the preformance during a game. Even with the bots AI set at a minimum and the lowest number of bots, in single player, it would lag like a mother near the middle of a battle. The way it is now is just fine. Unless the devs can fixup static bodies made with pixel shaders only, I don't see this happening.

BAM

I pretend I'm cooler than AzH

50 XP

27th April 2003

0 Uploads

3,415 Posts

0 Threads

#7 15 years ago

hmmm it was that guy lama and that norwish guy from BF42.com who made the mod ....