Mista-OverKill

I post to get attention

50 XP

2nd October 2003

0 Uploads

68 Posts

0 Threads

#1 17 years ago

Since there are deployable artillery positions why not have deployable MG positions with sandbags?

Or maybe as kits like the tripods?

You could set up some fortifications that would make it damn hard to penetrate. The sandbags would protect the gunners from the front but leave the sides open.

While we are at it, what about sandbags? I know DC had them but dropped them for some reason.

explamster

Flying Ace

50 XP

11th November 2003

0 Uploads

138 Posts

0 Threads

#2 17 years ago

The MG kits are now a reality in 0.6, check the day 18 update.

Sandbags I wrote about earlier. I would KILL to see them in FH. The ability of infantry to set up some decent fortifications would rock. I also suggested using shovels for foxholes in another thread.

el bandito

Captain of jelly

50 XP

28th October 2003

0 Uploads

377 Posts

0 Threads

#3 17 years ago

I think DC dropped them because the sandbags were used to block the doors on spawn points. :/

ManiK

Dance the dance of life!

50 XP

10th November 2003

0 Uploads

2,134 Posts

0 Threads

#4 17 years ago

there was already a thread on this, basically, 1 infantryman cannot set up a sandbag wall, it would take way too long for just one guy, which goes against FH realism basis

Mista-OverKill

I post to get attention

50 XP

2nd October 2003

0 Uploads

68 Posts

0 Threads

#5 17 years ago

@Mista-OverKill: Well not only a MG but with the sandbag enplacement to shield the gunner. So it would be one complete entity.

@el bandito: Ah ok, well guess it will have to be looked in so it is not exploited.

@ManiK_Impressive: Yeah that would be a ballancing issue. My idea was to have the stuff deployable by APC's. But would hurt on some maps like Stalingrad. That was why I suggested a kit. A kit would ballance itself because it is not readily available and subject to spawns.