explamster

Flying Ace

50 XP

12th November 2003

0 Uploads

138 Posts

0 Threads

#31 15 years ago

IIRC, the tanks don't necessarily stop because the treads are blown away, but because the engine burts into flames. At least on Kharkov Winter-1941. Lose the flames.

Tanks should definitely continue to move after being hit. In BoB as I recall, a Sherman keeps rolling down the road on fire with no crew that I could think of. Possible? Maybe.

DarthWoo

Addicted to GF

50 XP

20th February 2004

0 Uploads

280 Posts

0 Threads

#32 15 years ago

Speaking of tank camouflage, here's a kinda useless idea. Since none of the tanks, as far as I know, use the dive/ascend keys, how about deployable camo netting for tanks? I guess it wouldn't do much good against anyone close up, and the tank would then look even bigger at long range, so then again, maybe it's a bad idea. Is there any way to cause tanks to start flaming before they're fatally injured/immobilized? I remember watching a special about Tiger tanks, and they mentioned how later in the war, Tigers were being manned by inexperienced crews, who would hop out at the first sign of fire, thinking their tank was about to explode when it was in fact quite healthy. The Allied Shermans then made short work of them with their MGs. Now that I think about it, I guess they said they were using incendiary rounds of some sort to make the Tigers burn, and I know that some things set fire to the tanks for a little while in-game, but maybe we can have longer lasting fires just for a nice effect.

SnuFFeh

50 XP

17th March 2004

0 Uploads

3,884 Posts

0 Threads

#33 15 years ago

Same with planes, it would be cool (but very computer and graphics demanding) if when planes went down they smashed and shattered sending bits all over the place, that would be very cool, of course the explosion could happen sometimes...

peckens

peck peck peck wooodddddd

50 XP

26th January 2004

0 Uploads

431 Posts

0 Threads

#34 15 years ago

yeah i was saying that the other day to put like bushes and crap on some tanks for camo

Ping_Pong

Rockin' the Casbah

50 XP

30th June 2003

0 Uploads

7,663 Posts

0 Threads

#35 15 years ago

That would look neat, to bad it wouldn't be that good of camo sence most of the BF maps lack a lot of vegetation.

As for that plane idea from NME, it just sounds like it would lag, although I do like it when the planes explode IL-2:FB.

Admiral Donutz VIP Member

Wanna go Double Dutch?

735,271 XP

9th December 2003

0 Uploads

71,460 Posts

0 Threads

#36 15 years ago
peckensyeah i was saying that the other day to put like bushes and crap on some tanks for camo

2 words: OLD & LAGGGGGGGGGG edit: I like the idea though, to bad that it would lag,

axkgkadragon

GF is my bext friend *hugs GF*

50 XP

16th November 2003

0 Uploads

798 Posts

0 Threads

#37 15 years ago

darth woo:

have you ever played on a pub server?!?! people jump out at the first sign of damage anyway

Schpetzka

The forums staffers think I'm Cool

50 XP

2nd October 2003

0 Uploads

177 Posts

0 Threads

#38 15 years ago

I'd prefer the dive and ascend keys allow you to go to open or close the Cupola. I'd be nice for the T-34 if your waiting in ambush and want to keep an eye for infantry, I'd also be nice for the top gunners to be able to hide inside the tank in urban combat instead of asking to be shot like that.