Swe_Flying_Frog

The Frogs Will Invade By Air

50 XP

2nd October 2003

0 Uploads

324 Posts

0 Threads

#1 16 years ago

Hi. i'am very pleased with this mod. I love it very much. Now to the point. I have an idea for the officer class. Maybe you can ad something so they may look like the officers from WWII. My ideas are:

Russian: A Cap or hat like in Call of Duty or like in the movie "Enemy at the Gates". It would be very cool i think.

German:A cap here too. like an ordinary army cap but grey. An better desription is the Unteroffizer class in the Day of Defeat mod.

American & British: Here it would be cool if the officers have the Sergant Marks on their arms (I'am not so sure if the British had that but you can please tell me if i'am wrong)

Japanese:I got no idea. I dont Know much about the Pacific Theatre. i'am moore in too the european theatre (I'am a swedish so :D)

Italian: Dont know much about them ither.

Well thats it i think. I hope you guys enjoy my idea and hope you will evolve it into something.

D-Fens

uwe bolltastic!

50 XP

2nd May 2003

0 Uploads

4,837 Posts

0 Threads

#2 16 years ago

Yeah im also very much for different skins for different classes. Hope the MC guys will consider doing these.

DHC|Bazza

FH Skinner

50 XP

11th September 2003

0 Uploads

171 Posts

0 Threads

#3 16 years ago

oh my god, the italians!!! GIVE THEM THOSE MASSIVE BLACK FEATHERS IN THEIR HATS!!! lol , sorry for the caps but they are so very Liberachi! :D hehe

Seriously though, giving different "kit" types users their own different kind of look would be very cool. German SS Leftenants look so cool with their camo tunics, leather boots and caps. Tried to say that without sounding queer but I couldn't it just looks so intimidating.

Mike 51

Bush/Cheney 2004 apparently

50 XP

27th September 2003

0 Uploads

526 Posts

0 Threads

#4 16 years ago

Why would British officers have sergeants' chevrons on their arms? ;)

It would be a proper peaked cap AFAIK, with various insignia on the shoulders depending on rank. Of course, I'm pretty sure most officers went into combat with helmets anyway.

DHC|Bazza

FH Skinner

50 XP

11th September 2003

0 Uploads

171 Posts

0 Threads

#5 16 years ago

Depends on the Theatre, in early france, British officers wore the dress caps. However in north Africa during early battles the case is the same bui in one the most famous photographs of el alamein, there is a picture of who is clearly an officer (howlding a webley scott revolver) with a steel helmet on leading other troops through the smoke and dust.

Swe_Flying_Frog

50 XP

2nd October 2003

0 Uploads

324 Posts

0 Threads

#6 16 years ago

i'am very happy that so much people like my idea and remember... THIS MOD ROCKS ;)

D-Fens

uwe bolltastic!

50 XP

2nd May 2003

0 Uploads

4,837 Posts

0 Threads

#7 16 years ago

Lot's of soldiers didn't use helmets. Just look at the japanese or the russians.

Swe_Flying_Frog

50 XP

2nd October 2003

0 Uploads

324 Posts

0 Threads

#8 16 years ago

By the way i found an pitcure on the internet of an Russian officer hat.

http://www.ostfront.com/images_russian/infantryofficerscap1.jpg

D-Fens

uwe bolltastic!

50 XP

2nd May 2003

0 Uploads

4,837 Posts

0 Threads

#9 16 years ago

Lol it's the same I though about pasting