Cochise

click...boom

50 XP

1st December 2003

0 Uploads

286 Posts

0 Threads

#1 15 years ago

Dont you think it would be better if when the halftracks deployed machine guns, the guns were facing the same way as the vehicle??? It is easier to aim where you want the field of fire for the deployable gun and when your crew bails out of the transport, the gun is facing the direction your attacking!!!

... or is the machine gun supposed to be a retreating thing?? but wait, if your retreating, it is facing the opposite direction as if you are attacking.... but wait, so I turn the vehicle around in the middle of the road while I'm attacking to delpoy the machine gun and expose my ass to the enemy... oh heck, I'm dead now anyways :clap: :fistpunch:

Sputty

Master of Kittens

50 XP

13th January 2004

0 Uploads

927 Posts

0 Threads

#2 15 years ago

I'll second that. Trying to turn the right way to deploy the MG is like putting up a "kill me" sign on your APC.

MeanMrMustard

Such a mean old man

50 XP

15th September 2003

0 Uploads

178 Posts

0 Threads

#3 15 years ago

I personally cant remember, but apparently originally (first 0.5 release) you were able to turn the machine guns and AT guns 360 degrees, but it started causing problems (although what exactly these problems were I dont know) and they took it out in 0.5b. Should be back in for 0.6 though. Harry

ArcherMH

GF Pwns Me!

50 XP

29th April 2003

0 Uploads

38 Posts

0 Threads

#4 15 years ago

Personally I don't mind it being set up pointing behind the APC. It shouldn't be used to fight off attackers IMO, it should be deployed to form a defensive position before the attackers come, in which case the APC can turn around before the enemies get close or it can go elsewhere.

Cochise

click...boom

50 XP

1st December 2003

0 Uploads

286 Posts

0 Threads

#5 15 years ago
ArcherMHPersonally I don't mind it being set up pointing behind the APC. It shouldn't be used to fight off attackers IMO, it should be deployed to form a defensive position before the attackers come, in which case the APC can turn around before the enemies get close or it can go elsewhere.

What? you didn't get it. The APC is meant to carry troops TO the enemy. If you deploy the machine gun while you're using the APC FOR WHAT IT WAS MEANT FOR, CARRYING TROOPS TO THE ENEMY, the gun faces BACK to your own base.

It's fucking retarded.

Cochise

click...boom

50 XP

1st December 2003

0 Uploads

286 Posts

0 Threads

#6 15 years ago

ooops, wanted to edit that but too late... sorry

Splinter(nl)

The forums staffers think I'm Cool

50 XP

8th October 2003

0 Uploads

138 Posts

0 Threads

#7 15 years ago

yeah, i think it's better....

RogueSnake79

I'm not too cool to Post

50 XP

16th January 2004

0 Uploads

65 Posts

0 Threads

#8 15 years ago

I was wondering the same thing. I hope they change it back to 360 in 0.6.

okiN

Duke

50 XP

27th August 2003

0 Uploads

495 Posts

0 Threads

#9 15 years ago

I agree with Cochise 100%. And even if they change it so you can turn 360 degrees, the MG should still be dropped facing the same way as the APC.