Major Anderson

***** of bf-info.com

50 XP

18th January 2004

0 Uploads

4 Posts

0 Threads

#1 14 years ago

The Duplex Drive Sherman also call DD Sherman is an amphibian sherman propulsed by two propeller. It used by USA, British and Canadian force. it was used during the D-Day. the USA use a oldest version of the Sherman when it converted it in amphibian tanks(M4 and M4A1 versions). The British use the version M4A2 and M4A4. But the Canada use Valentine tanks that had been converted to the duplex drive configuration. This tank was very usefull for the allies force. http://afvinteriors.hobbyvista.com/dd/dd1.html

emonkies

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

17th July 2003

0 Uploads

15,096 Posts

0 Threads

#2 14 years ago

I would love to see a Sherman DD.

Mast3rofPuppets VIP Member

08'aIgnorance is not an excuse

50 XP

28th November 2003

0 Uploads

8,198 Posts

0 Threads

#3 14 years ago

Didn't like 99.9% of them sink?

Major Anderson

***** of bf-info.com

50 XP

18th January 2004

0 Uploads

4 Posts

0 Threads

#4 14 years ago

Canadian Sherman DD tanks arrived on the beach safely, partly due to the Royal Navy's insistence on getting as close as possible to the beach before releasing the tanks (unlike the Americans who lost most of their DD Shermans).

Kämpfer

I take what n0e says way too seriously

50 XP

27th April 2003

0 Uploads

2,394 Posts

0 Threads

#5 14 years ago

I think that FH is going with infantry(with artillery and an APC or two) only for their Normandy maps. Well atleast that is how it is for Gold and Omaha.

Artie Bucco

Guey>Tio(a)

50 XP

27th April 2003

0 Uploads

3,682 Posts

0 Threads

#6 14 years ago
KämpferI think that FH is going with infantry(with artillery and an APC or two) only for their Normandy maps. Well atleast that is how it is for Gold and Omaha.

IIRC Gold beach will begin in Brit hands.

LeopardSeal

Back in the "Good old days"...

50 XP

20th December 2003

0 Uploads

334 Posts

0 Threads

#7 14 years ago
Artie BuccoIIRC Gold beach will begin in Brit hands.

That's right, Gold and Sword were British beaches, Juno was Canadian, Omaha and Utah for the Americans.

Swe_Flying_Frog

The Frogs Will Invade By Air

50 XP

2nd October 2003

0 Uploads

324 Posts

0 Threads

#8 14 years ago

Was that Sherman used in the Pacific theatre? It should be realy nice to have it there Just watch "Invasion of the philipines" it got lots of water and should be needing that tank :) By the way i think they should add the Stuart to The Philipines.

Cochise

click...boom

50 XP

1st December 2003

0 Uploads

286 Posts

0 Threads

#9 14 years ago

sinking coffin, terrible idea

Kämpfer

I take what n0e says way too seriously

50 XP

27th April 2003

0 Uploads

2,394 Posts

0 Threads

#10 14 years ago
Cpl. MercutioThat's right, Gold and Sword were British beaches, Juno was Canadian, Omaha and Utah for the Americans.

I think he means that in FH Gold Beach you do not land on the beach, you start on the beach.