CrazyGerman

Captain F****** Genius

50 XP

30th November 2003

0 Uploads

112 Posts

0 Threads

#2 14 years ago

You know they actually had people who laid on the barbed wire while the others jumped on top of him then off of him to get over the wire......you can see it in the movie Windtalkers.... You have to have some resistance in your stomach to do that.... Oh yeah and Killor THEY REALLY DID DO THIS ITS NOT JUST ONLY IN A MOVIE!Smartass....

explamster

Flying Ace

50 XP

12th November 2003

0 Uploads

138 Posts

0 Threads

#3 14 years ago

You can't go around it if it's a barrier across a narrow area where you risk exposing yourself to enemy fire if you go around.

AussieZaitsev

Revenge was here.

50 XP

14th December 2003

0 Uploads

1,970 Posts

0 Threads

#4 14 years ago

well in ww1 one of the most important jobs for an artilery commander was blowing up gaps in the MASSIVE amounts of barbed wire before an assault

CrazyGerman

Captain F****** Genius

50 XP

30th November 2003

0 Uploads

112 Posts

0 Threads

#5 14 years ago

Imagine the Shrapnel caused by that!:agreed :dropsjaw:

Andromedos

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

18th December 2003

0 Uploads

10 Posts

0 Threads

#6 14 years ago
explamsterSome great ideas for the engineer class: 1. Build/spawn sections of barbed-wire fence or sandbags. This makes for fortifications and improvised defensive positions. Combined with an ammo crate from a C-47 for example, and an assault of close quarters class weapon, this provides decent easy to set up roadblocks. .

Damn, i was about to suggest the same idea.... There are already mods that use this kind of placable obstacles, like the concrete baariers in Homfront, or the barbed wire in Lost Batallion. Another nice buildable object would be tank barrĂ­ers, i think, especially to block bridges, and maybe camo nets to hide attillery from air attacks.

explamster

Flying Ace

50 XP

12th November 2003

0 Uploads

138 Posts

0 Threads

#7 14 years ago

The little concrete pyramids from the Seigfried line, maybe. What are the odds it could happen?

Mast3rofPuppets VIP Member

08'aIgnorance is not an excuse

50 XP

28th November 2003

0 Uploads

8,198 Posts

0 Threads

#8 14 years ago
AndromedosDamn, i was about to suggest the same idea.... There are already mods that use this kind of placable obstacles, like the concrete baariers in Homfront, or the barbed wire in Lost Batallion. Another nice buildable object would be tank barrĂ­ers, i think, especially to block bridges, and maybe camo nets to hide attillery from air attacks.

Who walks around with barberd wire in hes backpack...It wouldn't fit because this is a realism mod.

explamster

Flying Ace

50 XP

12th November 2003

0 Uploads

138 Posts

0 Threads

#9 14 years ago

Then where does barbed wire come from? If it isn't carried, then that's one fucking prickly watermelon vine!

Andromedos

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

18th December 2003

0 Uploads

10 Posts

0 Threads

#10 14 years ago

yep, it should be possible to put a pack of barbed wire into a backpack. I'M not talking about a 10 mile long fence, after all, i mean something like a barricade twice as long as a tank maybe.