Shade_PW

GF is my bext friend *hugs GF*

50 XP

6th October 2003

0 Uploads

761 Posts

0 Threads

#21 17 years ago

FH wouldn't lose anything - it would gain a lot! Imagine this - a retard with a plane bails over the main base. He quckly gets the Tiger (ALONE!) and destroys all the planes. So the other team loses planes and backup at their flags cause theyre busy destroyihg the tiger. :=(

Pirate

I don't spend enough time here

50 XP

22nd October 2003

0 Uploads

16 Posts

0 Threads

#22 17 years ago

I agree, the game would gain a lot.

When I play BF or FH, I fly a lot and if I am shot down by enemy flak above the enemy base, mostly before my airplane explodes I bail out and grab an enemy tank or plane. Of course it comes in handy at the time, but it is really lame. I still do it because it is possible and I don't want to lose my life or the match.

If I were not able to get the enemy vehicles, I'd jump out and had to find another way to survive. It would be a lot more difficult. And it would recuire more tactical insight.

The matches would be far more exciting and hard to play without the enemy able to steal vehicles in your home base.

Monjorob

I don't spend enough time here

50 XP

2nd October 2003

0 Uploads

26 Posts

0 Threads

#23 17 years ago
mr_FishBut what will happen if you capture an outpost? If there are any vechicles left on it, you will have to destroy them, in order to let new ones to spawn, and if you aren't engeneer or AT ? You might find yourself surrounded by tigers, panzers and so on, unable to use any of that, and without any chance for new vechicle to spawn.

easy. just make an engineer spawn kit in every flag not to hard eh?

this is a great idea. they should be able to lock the vehicles just like the ships.

we need to get this integrated ASAP

FreakNasty

Singlehearted

50 XP

7th October 2003

0 Uploads

2,489 Posts

0 Threads

#24 17 years ago
KämpferCaptured combat vehicles were never put into battle immediatly of course(had to be sent back to get repaired, repainted, trained with crews, ect.) I think it should stay how it is, realistic or not.

I agree with you. If you don't want enemy players to steel your vehicles, you should keep an eye on them. And if you get killed by friendly fire using enemy vehicles, well... too bad. Why shouldn't you be able to ride enemy vehicles while you can handle all the stuff like planes, tanks, artillery and ships?

cavana60

Slightly cooler than a n00b

50 XP

3rd September 2003

0 Uploads

30 Posts

0 Threads

#25 17 years ago

I find that if the name tages are removed, vehicle stealing goes away, because then everyone tries to shoot you.

McGibs

FHdev

50 XP

3rd October 2003

0 Uploads

4,064 Posts

0 Threads

#26 17 years ago

Yeh, removing the IFF is probly the best way to go.

[TC|N00bey

GF makes me horny

50 XP

25th May 2003

0 Uploads

67 Posts

0 Threads

#27 17 years ago

Ok I realize you guys love your vehicles, but don't you think it would ruin SO MUCH of the gameplay and fun factor?

I mean, sure it's annoying when someone bail in your base and grabs a vehicle..but it's also kinda "realistic". Tanks from most countries were used by others during the war. Of course they had to study for it first, but you never study to drive any vehicle in BF.

Do you people have any idea how sweet it is to kill the driver of a Tiger when he's out repairing it and then using his old vehicle to own his teammates?

FH is already a great step towards realism, but fun, please don't suggest things that would make it as dull as your grandma's anecdotes.

Shade_PW

GF is my bext friend *hugs GF*

50 XP

6th October 2003

0 Uploads

761 Posts

0 Threads

#28 17 years ago

You call that sweet? I call it n00bishly lame. And even if countries did use the other team's vehicles they took it back and studied it not like in BF/FH where you just jump in and start blasting. And not all soldiers were trained to use enemy vehicles - duuuuh! I think that removing this would be a great step torward perfection!

Pasquill

Toast

50 XP

13th September 2003

0 Uploads

358 Posts

0 Threads

#29 17 years ago

I totaly agree, cannot wait to see the n00bies bail out the planes and stand next to a enemy tiger wondering why he cannot get in.

[TC|N00bey

GF makes me horny

50 XP

25th May 2003

0 Uploads

67 Posts

0 Threads

#30 17 years ago

Well like I said, duh, noone has to study to use any vehicle in BF/FH so why shouldn't he be able to enter enemy vehicles? Besides, they usually don't last very long either.

I agree that it CAN be annoying when the enemy occasionally nick a vehicle in my base, but stealing a vehicle from someone else on the field makes up for it.

All those Tigergeeks gotta be slamming their heads to the monitor when they see me driving off in their Tiger after I've killed them. It's probably the only way Valirisk can be won really, same goes with Orels.

So relax..if you really want your vehicle, camp for it a little better ;)