BlitzPig_Machine

Addicted to GF

50 XP

1st October 2003

0 Uploads

182 Posts

0 Threads

#2 14 years ago

Trip-wires would rock...something that was a bit automated but could be disarmed.

virtus

GF makes me horny

50 XP

22nd November 2003

0 Uploads

82 Posts

0 Threads

#3 14 years ago

magnetic mines?

Kämpfer

I take what n0e says way too seriously

50 XP

27th April 2003

0 Uploads

2,394 Posts

0 Threads

#4 14 years ago
'[SYN hydraSlav']Well, after the Empires mod created OnScreenMenues, credits for the team, spawnable building (i know they are not the first ones, but still), etc, i don't think we need SDK for anything, just some awsome brainwork! Regarding the topic, i think that would be cool, but would make the engineer too versatile. However, something similar is already possible in game. You can pick up another engineers kit and you will have control of the expacks he placed. And if you keep changing the kits repeatadly, they won't disappear :) Here is what i did once: I placed expacks on the Arhem Bridge in Market Garden, then ran down to the Stone Bridge (since the flag was contested). I got killed there, but the flag turned to our side (teamwork ;) ), and i spawned there. As i spawned, i noticed my kit laying there. So i picked it up and saw the detonator still in "ready" state. I switched the kits back, and used the newer kits to put expacks on Stone Bridge. Then i went back to the place where my older kit was laying (too bad you can't move kits.....), and then i just kept hitting the "G" key, counting "1..2..1...2" in the head to remember which kit has which bridge. Shortly, i saw a tank crossing the Arhem Bridge, so i blew it up, and second later a jeep was flying through the Stone Bridge, so i blew that up too ;). Funny, but both of those guys were from the same clan, and after my neat trick they started complaining about me having "place-expacks-anywhere-instantly-hack" ;) LOL

You must have gotten lucky, mines disappear like 30 seconds after you die :p

virtus

GF makes me horny

50 XP

22nd November 2003

0 Uploads

82 Posts

0 Threads

#5 14 years ago

bg42 has in the tiger on the 3 position smokeeeeeeeeeeeeeee who i love it

[SYN] hydraSlav

SYNERGY Member

50 XP

2nd October 2003

0 Uploads

2,372 Posts

0 Threads

#6 14 years ago
KämpferYou must have gotten lucky, mines disappear like 30 seconds after you die :p

Not really... They disappear after your kit disappears. But as i said, i kept switching kits back and forth, so it never disappeared. :nodding:

Luscious

I want to be like Revenge

50 XP

2nd August 2003

0 Uploads

324 Posts

0 Threads

#7 14 years ago
Who_Flung_Poo?Yea satchel charges would be great.

Rt click to drop one....and hold to set time. The longer you hold the button down, the longer the delay. Such a thing would be DEADLY though. It would make destroying tanks with one almost too easy. Or see the enemy advancing a flag you are trying to defend, and you know you have no hope of defending by yourself? Drop one, set the delay, and get out! You just might wipe those bastards out before the flag changes.

Splinter(nl)

The forums staffers think I'm Cool

50 XP

8th October 2003

0 Uploads

138 Posts

0 Threads

#8 14 years ago
virtusbg42 has in the tiger on the 3 position smokeeeeeeeeeeeeeee who i love it

BlitzPig_Machine

Addicted to GF

50 XP

1st October 2003

0 Uploads

182 Posts

0 Threads

#9 14 years ago
LusciousOr see the enemy advancing a flag you are trying to defend, and you know you have no hope of defending by yourself? Drop one, set the delay, and get out! You just might wipe those bastards out before the flag changes.

And the satisfaction? Priceless.

el bandito

Captain of jelly

50 XP

28th October 2003

0 Uploads

377 Posts

0 Threads

#10 14 years ago
LusciousDrop one, set the delay, and get out! You just might wipe those bastards out before the flag changes.

That's a pretty damn good idea. It makes picking up exppacks and using them as traps a whole lot more interesting.